21 June 2014

Molly's last weekend in London

And we went to GREENWICH!!

Halloooo!

Yes, I made it this weekend!! No uploads on Tuesday or Wednesday, but on a proper Saturday, when it all makes sense.

Like the title already told you, it was Molly's last weekend in London. She took the Eurostar home on Wednesday and left me here all by my self.

So, what do you do when it is your last weekend in London? Exactly, do the one thing you really want to do for the last time. That was Greenwich in our case.

Enjoy the video of what we did in Greenwich ^^ I had to film everything on my phone, because my camera battery died...


Saturday shopping
But before we could enjoy the doing-nothing-and-enjoy, we had some business to do: shopping. Molly had to buy a birthday present for her niece and I wanted to buy some presents for my family + my sister send me two items to buy in Cath Kidston x)

So this was what Saturday looked like. Eating pizza at Pizza Express, a stroll on Trafalgar Square, me losing my mind in Cath Kidston (as usual) and make up shopping in Debenhams.

Not really worth recording so that is why the video starts on Sunday.

Greenwich day!
We started our trip in Nando's, as that is where we had our first Nando's ever. Following with a walk in the Greenwich University campus, as we have done before. And then we wanted to visit the Queen's house. Because, why not?

What a beautiful view
Let me tell you something about the Queen's house.

It was build in 1616–1619 as a royal residence for Anne of Denmark, the queen of King James I of England by the architect Inigo Jones. Of course, Anne didn't live long enough to actually live in the place, so Henrietta Maria, queen of King Charles I, would be the first to live there.

This building is of great importance in the history of English architecture as it is the first consciously classical building to have been constructed in Britain.

There is a beautiful staircase with the name The Tullip Stairs


Some beautiful views of buildings constructed in the same time periode. Obviously not the same year, but with a couple of years in between or so.


Old Royal Naval College that later would become the University of Greenwich
The Royal Observatory, where all our stress of nowadays was created.
Although I doubt that Molly's eye looking through the maquette is an accurate historic fact x) Well, it is now: Molly's eye looking through the Queen's house maquette, Sunday 15th June 2014.


We spent a little over 2hours in the Queen's house as it was huuuuuge. We came to the conclusion that one of the rooms had the same square metres as my living room, kitchen and hall back home combined. And that's a holiday home for the Royal family...

When we left the Royal residence of the Queen it was time for tea. So, off we went to the little cafe we saw the first time, but was too crowded. Today, it was too crowded as well, but there was a table empty outside and we really wanted to eat a scone + the people working there had THE greatest Scottish accent.


 

It was also very adorable that the china didn't match at all as you can see on the picture above.

The last supper: SUSHI 
On Monday we wanted to go for sushi one last time at Yo!Sushi. And man it was delicious! Again, not a lot of footage since my camera battery was still dead... 

Hilarity at the office
Everyday we listen to Eagle Radio at the office and at 11:20 there is a game where you have to guess which song the radio man is playing on his organ. When you guess it right, you can win some stuff like dvd's, etc.

Every day, we guess it and more often than not, we guess it right, so why not enter the competition?

On Thursday at 11:20 am we were all sitting on the top of our chairs, waiting for the game to come on. Dan guessed it, Beth called and 10 minutes later we could hear Beth live on the radio as well in our office. It was so funny. She won an I love Eagle Radio window sticker and two 2 dvd's.

That is what I call: proper team building. 

Home sickness: although I am really happy here, right now I am sooo looking forward to going home! Sleeping in my own bed, running up and down our wooden staircase, being able to cook anything I like for myself if I am hungry, etc 
London city: It still has not disappointed me. 
New people: I met a lovely lady from Media Circus, but more details later. 
New word: Lenticular= (I can't find an explanation in English but here is a picture)

Source: wikipedia

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...