29 June 2014

Goodbyes and heading home

Hallooooo!

The titles says it all. As my previous blog said, this is my 14th week living and working in London, but it has come to an end.

Wednesday was my last day at work, Thursday I began my journey back home and on Friday I was officially back home.

Here is the video with the footage added from my last blogpost, which you can read here. Some bits and pieces from Blackheath, Bromley, etc.


Dreading Wednesday
Who would have thought there would be a moment in my life that I would dread it being Wednesday? Well, Wednesday 25th June 2014 was a day I dreaded. It was my last day at RDP and I had to say goodbye to my host family as well.

We went out for lunch and my colleagues proved that they were the best colleagues in the world. I kept it dry, but is was difficult not to cry. The day carried on like normal and by the time it was 5:30pm we said our goodbyes and I left. It was only when I was walking to Charing Cross that it hit me: my internship had come to an end and I just left RDP and the people I have been working with. I would never be able to go back to that exact moment. I have to admit, a few tears escaped.

As I wasn't completely ready to head back to my host family, I sat on a bench on Leicester square for old time sake and enjoyed just being there. But I couldn't stay there forever, so hop to Charing Cross.

William Shakespear chilling on Leicester square with Odeon on the background
Traveling home
On Thursday I traveled the entire day. Because I suffer from motion sickness, I had to take the proper medication to make sure my lunch would stay down. And because I suffer from hay fever, I had to take the proper medication to make sure I wouldn't sneeze 8 times in a row and wouldn't blow my nose the entire ride home.

As you know, hay fever medication can make you feel very tired. The same for the motion sickness medication. Those two combined, I think you can imagen how I felt. I slept most of the journey on my new travel pillow from Cath Kidston my colleagues gave me!!

Dock 8 or dock 9???
This is a very short blogpost. If I added this post to the previous one, it would have been one very very long blogpost. And as we all know, there are only a few people who actually read them. Huge thanks to you!!!!

So, this leaves me with the good old:
Home sickness: As much I love being back home and see all my friends and family again, I miss London.
London city: Missing it!
New people: None at all, but I saw a whole bunch of my friends and family!!
New words: I have to learn again how to right in Dutch.
Music: the music you hear in the video above, is a cover by Lilly Alhberg, Chocolate by 1975.

As for you, who reads the entire blogpost, here is some exciting news! (except for you, mum and dad, and my sister, and her boyfriend, and to Anne, Sarah, Eline, Jill, Pegie, my grandparents, and a bunch of other people, because you already kinda know:))
I MIGHT BE GOING BACK TO LONDON, sooner than you might think! I am very excited, but it is not a 100% sure. So, if I am going back to the UK, I might blog the entire experience again. Because when I look at all my previous blogpost, it is a beautiful diary of my experience in London and I am happy I have continued it every single week.

Of course I hope you've enjoyed it as well! Only the die hard readers will read this sentence (AWESOME)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...