30 April 2015

Soundtrack your life

Hallooooo!

Mid week blog post time!

About two weeks ago I purchased the Cinderella soundtrack CD and I have to say, best £10 I've spend in the last couple weeks. I've been listening to the album every single day. On my way to work, on my way home, when I go out to buy lunch,... I'm even listening to the CD right now!

Which inspired me to write this blog post.

I pretty much live by the phrase "escape reality". Reality can be like a bad day at work or school that is just never ending. When one thing gets solved in the world, the next idiot(s) shows up to ruin everything. Let's face it, humanity is earth biggest problem. I kind of agree with Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron) on that one.

When I saw Miss Congeniality for the first time so many years ago, I couldn't really understand why every single beauty pageant candidate answered "world peace" to the question: "What is the one most important thing our society needs?" Surely world peace isn't that difficult to reach? Just leave everybody alone that you don't like and if you have to work together just get on with it and make sure the job gets done. Easy! But alas, that is not how our world works. That is not how humanity works.

The terrorism threats, bullying, stress, corruption, war, crisis,... It's a constant and steady stream of trouble in human history. So the only way to get a away from that is to either not care or find a way to escape this planet for a little while. The latter is physically not really an option (unless you're an astronaut), mentally it is.


By reading books or watching a movie or an episode of a tv series, you are mentally away from the present, from reality. You forget about the stress and everything that's wrong and just have 2 blissful hours or how many pages you're reading. But whilst travelling, walking, running, cleaning, etc you can't read a book or watch a movie, can you? So, tadaaa, soundtrack your life!

Seriously, it'll make your life so much more interesting if you're listening to the score of your favorite films. Reality still looks like reality but less real. If that makes any sense?

I'll give you an example. At the office we have a playlist of soundtracks playing on the stairwell. Whilst a colleague and myself were about to set up the surprise birthday cake in the kitchen for another colleague, we were crouching on the stairs and walking on our tip toes to make sure the birthday girl wouldn't notice a thing. And to make the picture complete, the score of Mission Impossible was playing. The timing was impeccable! x)

In high school and in college I used to study for my tests and exames whilst playing soundtracks on the background. Especially the Lord of the Rings score. I listened to those CD's so many times I had to play them on shuffle because I knew by heart which song was to come next and where about in the movie the song was played...  

It can make your morning very peaceful, noon cheerful and a heroic trip home after work, depending on your movie of choice. Soundtracking my life is something I've been doing for a looong time :)

So grab the soundtracks of your favorite movies, with or without lyrics, doesn't matter and make your trips to school or to work or cleaning or cooking that more interesting.

I hope you found this tip enjoyable! Please let me know if you did!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...