19 April 2015

Princess Diana Memorial and housemate frustrations

Hallooooooo!!

This weeks blog post is going to be s h o r t.

Saturday, althought the weather was beautiful, I prefered to stay indoors and watch Downton Abbey and Loft (2008). But because I didn't want to waste the beautiful day entirely, I had a 20min walk in the neighborhood.

What Saturday looked like
Tree in my street

And then Sunday, I went to Croydon and then to the Princess Diana Memorial in Kensington Gardens. The sound of the running water just reminds me so much of Admont, Austria. You just have to close your eyes and listen and you're transported to the mountains. Because the weather was so beautiful there were a lot of people in the park. And because it is allowed to play in the water, there were a lot of families with their little ones, enjoying the first days of warm weather, celebrating by getting soaked.

Kensington Gardens

The week at the office was extremely busy, which is perfectly OK by me because that makes the time so much more interesting. And I've had my review as well, since my probation periode is over (3months). And well, I can stay, so I'm happy :)

Then, my annoyance with my housemates has reached a new height this week... Someone finds it necessary to put on the heating, even though it is above 15°C outside. And when I suggested he'd just put on a jumper, he could only say 'Oh, no no no no, no jumper'. Do you get my frustration? So I make it my job now to make sure the heating is off past 11pm, because it wouldn't be the first time that I'd wake up, soaking in sweat at 4 in the morning because my room puts a sauna shame when the heating is on. Other then my sh*tty living situation with 7 idiots, life in London is great ;)

As promised, this blog post is a short one, so, as usual, thanks for reading!!
xo - Sara

New words: to jot= to take notes; meticulous= exactly

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...