26 September 2015

Walking the red carpet at the Martian premiere, many balloons and Peanut-ize yourself

Halloooooo!!

This week has been a special one. Unlike last week when so litte happend, I have plenty of stuff to talk about this week x)

A quick little summary of what I've been up to this week. I went to see the art installation at Covent Garden, treated myself on some tea from Whittard, I had coffee with a colleague at Carluccio's at St Christopher's place, I peanut-ized myself and I WENT TO THE EUROPEAN PREMIERE OF THE MARTIAN. I SAW SEAN BEAN! *takes deep breath to keep calm* That's the gest of this week x)



The beating heart of London visualised at Covent Garden
So, first of all, the art installation at Covent Garden. A few weeks back French artist Charles Pétillon presented his first public art installation. Balloons. Many many many balloons. White balloons. Who light up. Like a heartbeat. Hence the title of the installation :) I'm sure the artist has his own explanation as to what that piece of art is representing, but I'm kind of giving it my own explanation/interpretation. Isn't that the point of art anyway?



To me, the piece of installation represent the beating heart of London. Covent Garden is the most popular place in London and every day 1000 upon 1000 visitors walk through and around the building and aroudn the city. People come and go, but London is still here. And always will be. It's has a strong, steady beating heart. Standing in the middle of the South market, between hundreds of people, I felt relaxed. Alone yet surrounded. At ease, serene, happy. God, I love this city so much.




After my moment of medition and reflection. Or simly enjoyment, I treated myself with some tea from Whittard. English fruit: black tea with flavouring. I think this might by my new favorite tea. Too bad I can't drink it before I go to bed... Caffeine you see. Aaah well, Sunday was a successful day :) In case you're curious as to what I was up to on Saturday: I cleaned my room. That's right. Very exciting. Very glamourous x)

Peanut-ize me
When we all came in on Tuesday morning, we all found an email from our senior accounts director with a link to http://www.peanutizeme.com/. If I was to be a character in the new Peanuts movie, I would look like this:


I have to say, very very very smart marketing move, 20th Century Fox! We love things like this and we share them on social media ;) This link for sure gave us some very good laughs in the office x) It was also interesting to see how everyone sees themselves. And how you see yourself. It think I came quite close x)

Highlight of the week: the Martian European premiere
Now, not to dwell any longer on the smaller, but very fun, activities of this week, it is safe to say that Thursday evening was THE HIGHLIGHT of this week. THE MARTIAN PREMIERE. Sweet baby Jesus! I had planned to go to Leicester square after work to have a look on the screens and to just absorb the vibe that always comes along with events like premieres. Hey, some people enjoy music festivals or concerts, I enjoy a movie premiere. No judging please.

However, little did I know my evening would turn out quite differently. Around 4pm I got a Skype message from my colleague saying that he was going to send out an email for premiere tickets and that I should keep an eye on my inbox. As soon as that email came in, I hit the reply button and answered 'Me me me me'. My colleague had 3 spare tickets and the 3 first people to reply got to go. I was the winner x) Hell, I was over the moon with excitement! This week and last week were pretty tough as one of our colleagues is on annual leave, so we have to catch up on her work, which puts my own work behind and well, yeah. It's been very busy. But Thursday evening pushed all the worries to the back of my mind ^^

The 6 of us who got to go had a drink before we went over to Leicester Sq. As usual they ushered you over the red carpet, trying to get you off as soon as possible, making sure you don't bump into the actors who are crossing from left to sign posters and notebooks to right to give interviews. We nearly bumped in to Jessica Chastain though. Literally. Nearly stepped on her gown. That could have been very awkward... We saw Matt Damon's fabulous back. I even took a very blurry picture. Kirsten Wiig was there as well. Kate Mara, Jeff Daniels, just to name a few that we saw on the carpet. Oh, and Jim Chapman was host again :)

Jim Chapman taking a selfie and the entrance to the red carpet!




I clearly have to work on my posing x)

 Matt Damon's blurry derière

Blurry Kirsten Wiig





Once we were inside and seated we noticed that 1. we had 3D glasses (awesome) and 2. we didn't have the best seats in the house. But hey, it's a freaking premiere, I'm not complaining! I couldn't stop smiling, clapping my hands like seal and squal every 5minutes. It's not exactly behaviour I wish my co-workers to see... But then, you have to live in the moment. And I sure did. When I saw that Sean Bean was present, it was officially one of the best nights of my life so far. I don't think I've mentioned it over here, but I'm a HUGE Sean Bean fan. Him and Colin Firth are my two top favorite actors. But I'd like to clarify: just because you're a fan of an actor, doesn't automatically mean you have a celebrity crush on them! Just FYI.

Who can see Sean Bean? And Matt Damon? And...?

Anyway, I saw Sean Bean! And Matt Damon! And Kisten Wiig! And Chiwetel Ejiofor! And Kate Mara! And Ridley Scott! And Jessica Chastain! Ooooh happy days. I was kind of disappointed though that the cast didn't get to say a few words when they were on stage. But then again, that meant that the movie could start sooner ^^ I'm going to write a blog post to tell you all about it. Yes, it's that good. Should be live on Monday 28th, so keep an eye on this space if you're interested.

And this, ladies and gents, were the mention worthy activities of my week :) Especially the premiere. It was completely last minute, but ever so amazing^^

Please try the peanut-ize yourself as well. It's so much fun! And I'd love to see the results! ^^
http://www.peanutizeme.com/.

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...