22 May 2016

"I'm a queen" - Mary, Queen of Scots, Reign

Hallooooo!!

Another week, another update. On my numbering it is currently week 20, but I'm not sure it is actually week 20... It's May, nearly halfway through 2016. About that I am very sure x)

But, regarding this week's update. I went to see Captain America: Civil War on Saturday. If my friend hadn't come to visit me at the beginning of the month, I would have probably seen the movie opening weekend. As it was, life happened and Civil War had to wait 2 weeks. 14th May I finally saw it, and I loved it and I wrote a post about it. "Can you please move your seat forward?" - Bucky Barnes 'Winter Soldier', Captain America: Civil War 'review'

I also did some grown up stuff like tidying my room, doing a wash load and cleaning the apartment. It was my turn.

On Sunday I had a 3hour Skype call with one of my oldest friends and the rest of it mainly consisted of watching episodes of the Reign.



You might not know it already, but I'm planning a trip to Scotland at the end of June. (Less than 4 weeks to go!) Although the layout of my trip is pretty secure and I know exactly what I want to visit, my planning of when I want to visit all the places is ever changing. And thanks to Reign, a few more locations have been added on the to do list. It'll be a wonder if I'll manage to see them all!

My friend introduced me to the series about 3 weeks ago and I'm currently at episode 5 of season 2. Apart from Anna Popplewell (Susan in the Chronicles of Narnia movies), the entire cast were unknown actors to me. Turns out that Craig Parker (lord Narcisse) played none other than Haldir in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Who knew?

Then

Now
 

Giacomo Gianniotti who was lord Julien on the show, apparently is now a cast member on Grey's Anatomy. Toby Regbo (Francis) looked very familiar to me and guess why? He posed as a young Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!


Alan Van Sprang was introduced to me as the new Valentine on the Freeform tv show Shadowhunters. And Megan Follows, queen Catherine, is Anne from Green Gables. And there are so many other actors who were just completely unknown to me. For some it was their first acting job, for other it puts them on the radar. It's amazing what shows like that can do :)

Just like I'm even more interested now in the 16th century history. The number of times I pauzed an episode to google some historic facts. It's the same as with Outlander. Rather than just trying to find film locations in Scotland, I'm going to focus a lot more on actual culture as well. Not that both can't be intertwined. Last year I went to Glenfinnan to see the viaduct. It was also the location where Bonnie prince Charles arrived from France and arranged final preparations to take back the Scottisch crown.

As for the rest of the week, it was business as usual. Nothing exciting to mention I'm afraid. To be honest, I'm enjoying my 'free' time as much as I can, because at the beginning of June I have some 'events' planned and then I'm leaving for Scotland, so I'm enjoying it whilst I still can ;)

That is it for this week :) Short but sweet.

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...