29 May 2016

Ant-Man, Before we go, the Intern,... Just a few movies/tv series recommendations

Halloooo!

So today is going to be a very very very short blog post. As mentioned previously I'm enjoying my 'no-plans-May' as much as possible. I started the month off with a visit from a dear friend from Belgium and a trip to Kent with my parents, so the 2 weekends following that were of oblivious nothingness.

As I did my grocery shopping on Friday evening, I didn't have to leave the house at all on Saturday and Sunday. As per usual my days were spent watching films and tv series. Reign is currently on a hold. Not because I got bored of it, but simply because I don't want it to end. It's one of those series :) So instead I watched the movies Ant-Man, Before we go and the Intern and I started watching the BBC mini series War&Peace.



Ant-Man
When the movie hit theatres last year it received mixed reviews and I was hesitant to pay £10 or more just to be disappointed. Well, I'm never going to listen again when it comes to a Marvel film. I really liked the film and am looking forward to Ant-Man and the Wasp :)


Before we go
This has been added on my favourites list next to Elizabeth Town, Stuck in Love and Tamara Drew. Mind you, I have a lot of films on that list, but Elizabeth Town and Tamara Drew are no block busters and are generally less known. It's Chris Evans directorial debut and he did a fine job. I'm probably going to add this to the Movietime Monday lists as well.


The Intern
I really wanted to see this one on the big screen, but Vue Croydon didn't show it. And I wasn't going to pay £15 to see it in the West End. So, I had to wait until it came out on DVD and voila :) I really really enjoyed this one as well. Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway are simply sublime.


War & Peace
I started watching this series simply because Lily James is in it. Why else? But when episode 2 ended I was hooked :) I've never read a Leo Tolstoi book and besides the film Anna Karenina, I hadn't seen or experienced any (adaptation) of his work. It is good television. A bit heavy towards the finale, but then again, Napoleon was invading Russia and there was chaos everywhere. A lot of people died or were crying, etc. But I'm glad I saw it nonetheless :) This is just the latest of the many many many adaptations.


Monday morning I left the house for the first time in 2 days and a long and stressful week began. My evening class on Thursday was probably the highlight. I do enjoy that class :)

And this is where I leave you :)
Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...