11 March 2015

6 YA movies to get excited about in 2015

Hallooooooo,

Here's another Wednesday blog post for y'all :)

As we all know, I like my Sunday trips to the movie theatre and lucky me, 2015 has some amazing movies in store. So far I've seen and talked about Kingsmen: the Secret Service, Big Hero 6the Theory of Everything and Into the Woods. But we're 'only' March, so we have another 9 months worth of movies to look forward to! Over the next couple of weeks I'll talk about them, each time covering a different genre :)

click on the pictures for a very funny YouTube clip by Ilovehertjes
Today I'll be sharing 6 YA movies I'm personally very excited about that'll hit theatres this year. And yes, most of the movies I mention below target a teen audience. But just like Emma Lord, I prefer a good young adult story to any adult story. The reason why I mention this young lady is because she has written an article about 11 Reasons why Young Adult fiction is even better when you read it as an adult. I say amen to that :) I am also glad to read I'm not the only one x)

So, let's get started.

Insurgent
19 March 2015 (UK). Release of the second movie adaption of the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I've only just seen Divergent for the first time. I know I know, I am behind on the YA franchises. But at the time Divergent came out, I was reading the Chronicles of Narnia and after that I wanted to read the Mortal Instruments. And because I just knew I was going to love Divergent from the moment I saw it, I had to put it on the shelf for a while 'cause a girl can only handle so many franchises at a time, right? So now that I've finished reading the Mortal Instruments, I finally watched Divergent and well, I was right. As soon as I finish reading the Cuckoo's calling, I'm gonna start reading Divergent. In the mean time, I am looking forward to see the sequel in movie form ^^




The  DUFF
6 April 2015 (UK) Just a light hearted, maybe a bit 'in your face', American high school movie :) Not sure whether I'll be going to the cinema for this one, but it's definitely on my 'to watch list' :)




Pitch Perfect 2
15 May 2015 (UK) Hell yeah I'm going to the theatre for this one. I enjoyed the first one so much, I considered taking up singing lessons again. But then common sense hit me just in time :) Now I just want to hear what acapella show the Barden Bella's will have in store for us :)



Paper Towns
19 June 2015 (UK) No trailer available just yet. I've read the book for work and it is a very sweet story. Nothing action packed or overly dramatic. Paper Towns is written by the same author who wrote the Fault in Our Stars, John Green. This might give you an idea what kind of story it'll be :) Here's the Fault in Our Stars trailer.


Quentin's neighbour, Margo (Cara Delevingne), appares on his window one night and takes him on a revenge tour to all her 'supposed to be' friends. The day after, Margo disappears, but has left a few clues for Quentin (Nat Wolff). Quentin says Aye to this quest and starts looking for Margot.

The Scorch Trials
18 September 2015 (UK) This is the second movie adaptation of the Maze Runner series, written by James Dashner. Appartenly there have been some changes to the story, so I am very curious how this one will turn out.



The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2
20 November 2015 (UK) Who needs an explanation for this one?! And this teaser trailer has got me hyped!!! :)


To be honest, I kind of forgot what happens in Mockingjay. It's been two years since I read the books. But I clearly remember the ending of the book and I can garantee we're all in for a treat :)

If you made it this far, well done and thanks :) I hope you are as excited as I am :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...