11 June 2015

A morning trip to Ikea and afternoon hanging in Italian gardens

Hallooooooo!

Suprise! This week's blog post is super early! Again. Even earlier than last week. My schedule is a bit of a mess at the minute. I'm leaving for Scotland tomorrow (Friday 12th June) and I am considering daily blogging. I still have to see if I'll have WiFi connections in the hotels that I'm staying in, but if it's the case I'll probably be posting every day for the following week : ) So, because my trip starts on a Friday I'd like to have this week's blog post online and out of the way.

Then, to get moving with this week's blog post.

A morning trip to Ikea and afternoon hanging in Italian gardens
Saturday morning at 7am I was woken up by my charming house mates and because the sun rises so early, I couldn't fall a sleep again. So the only thing left to do is get out of bed. My plan was to go to Ikea anyway, so why not go in the morning? I did my research on how to actually get to Ikea, made myself a cup of coffee and got ready to face the world. And by 9 am I was actually out of the house.

Within 30 minutes I stood in front of the massive Ikea in Croydon. I only wanted to buy a kitchen timer I'll need on my trip to Scotland, but who doesn't want to walk through the entire store to get some awesome ideas and inspiration? Because it was so early, the store was pretty empty so within 30 min I stood in front of the menu of the restaurant. Although I ate breakfast at home already, I did a 'Peppin Took' and went for a second breakfast.


And a second breakfast that was

Delicious

So when I finally arrived in the area of Ikea where I needed to be, I had a lot of ideas and inspiration. And of course I had picked up a few bits and pieces along the way. Things I didn't intend to pick up. Ikea is a dangerous place... It turned out that the kitchen timer I was looking for wasn't in stock and they didn't know when it would come back in... Bummer. But as I said earlier, I didn't walk out of the store empty handed. I ended up buying new bedding as well ^^

Anyway, by 11.30 I finally walked out with everything I needed except the one thing I was there for... Typical.

Oh yeah, the entire time I was walking through Ikea I had to think about this image:

If you're familiar with the Maze Runner, you'll get this one ^^

Around noon I was home, but not for long as I really wanted to find a timer! Of course, for some reason, London Victoria was invaded by tourists and the underground was packed. So the only way to get to Oxford street, besides walking, was the bus. I've only taken the bus twice in London, so this was a new experience for me.

First I went to BHS, but without success so then I went to John Lewis and I was kind of lucky. It's not exactly the timer that I was looking for, but it is flat so I hope it'll do the job. And who doesn't need a macarone shaped timer in their lifes?

After John Lewis it was hop on the bus again to Lancaster Gate underground station. That station is half way between Marble Arch and Notting Hill gate so it's ideal if you want to walk so the Serpentine. I actually didn't make it that far and ended up on a bench in the sun in the Italian gardens.





That's about the only interesting thing I have to say about this week :)
Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Thanks for reading
xo - Sara

New words: Infantile= childlike; grass= telling on someone

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...