29 November 2015

"Join me again next week on this episode of "Let's make no fucking sense" when I will be waxing an owl." Mac, Green Wing

Hallooooo!!

Compared to my previous weeks, I'm afraid this week has been a bit bleak. Besides the fact I went for a swim on Tuesday after work and the leaving drinks for a colleague on Friday, nothing interesting has happened.

Saturday I stayed in bed. All day. And I basically binge watched Green Wing. In last weeks blog post I mentioned that I started watching the series the previous Thursday. Well, I saw most episodes on Saturday, some on Sunday and the last ones on Monday. My colleague was so kind to lend me some DVD's a couple weeks back. We had never talked about the series until she gave me the DVD with the explanation: "I think you might like it." And right she was ^^

Green Wing is a British comedy series set in a hospital in East Hampton. The first season came out in 2004, the second in 2006. The series actually won a BAFTA award ^^ Unlike Grey's Anatomy and E.R. the focus here is completely on the relationships between the doctos, HR department and Staff Liaison. No nasty diseas, plane crashes or ferry explosions. They do cover pretty serious topics like examinations, incest, bullying, illnesses, etc. It is best to take it all with a pinch of salt. Whilst Grey's Anatomy falls under the genre 'hospital drama', this series is about 2miles out. There is some tiny bit of drama, but that can be reduced to about 30minutes out of the total 17 hours of two seasons. Safe to say it is the best remedy for the day after a Christmas party with your colleagues.

All characters are pretty stereotypical: the hot, confident surgent, the arrogant doctor (anaethesist in this case), the doctor in training with low selfesteem, the ever so perfect paediatrics, etc etc.

Not going to lie. When I was watching the first episode I had a "What the fuck am I watching?" attitude, but because my colleague recommended it I decided to at least see 3 episodes before I would judge. Sure enough, after episode three I was sold x)

Another kind warning: they swear. A lot. That 'c' word, asshole, prick, shit, twat, tits, fucking, ... They're all menionted every episode at least once. Sexual references are also made several times through every episode. Very little censorship when it comes to the verbal "diarrhea".



Sunday morning I went to Croydon to see Mockingjay part 2. I've already uploaded my review on this film which you can read here :)

I'm going to leave some clips from Green Wing here for you to enjoy and get the look and feel of the series ^^










Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...