5 June 2016

A little trip down memory lane

Halloooo!!

I hope you are all doing very well during the first week in June. I can't believe we're nearly halfway through 2016! Can't believe only 2 weeks remaine on my countdown calender for Scotland! This time in two weeks time I'll be driving around, visiting castles and film locations.

But before all that exciting thing will happen, I still have a couple of weekends to fill and entertain myself. So last weekends was the second bank holiday in May. Unlike the first bank holiday, I didn't have any set plans. So what is a girl in London city to do?

On Saturday morning I got up before 9am, did my grocery shopping, wrote my blog post and drafted  a few more blog posts, watched some episodes of Reign and got ready for the day. In the afternoon I helped a friend moving house. She used to live in a room in a house with a family with a baby and it was getting too hard for her. So after a few viewings, she found an apartment she really liked and last Saturday she moved! Honestly, I might even be a bit jealous, because the location is so quiet and the view is just stunning. Unfortunately the price is waaaaay above what I can afford, but I'm really happy for her :)



After all her stuff was moved to her new apartment, we sat on the couch in her new living room, chatting away. We grabbed a late dinner a the Nando's around the corner and after that I took the bus home.

Sunday morning started off very relaxed as well. Ate some breakfast, catching up on the Michalaks vlogs, even though they weren't filming that week, etc etc. In the afternoon I took the bus to Greenwich. It's the first time I went there since I moved and it is truely amazing. It is only a 30min bus drive away!

First stop was the local Waterstones. I was reading a PDF version of Me Before You, but it just wasn't working. Plus, it is definitely one of those books that I am going to reread over and over again, so I might as well invest in a proper copy of the book.

After that, I walked to Greenwich park via the Greenwich University campus.



It was a bit of a strange experience because I can clearly remember the first time I've visited Greenwich. It was the weekend 24th March 2014 when my parents were dropping me off at my new host family as I was about to start my internship at the company I'm currently still working for. At the time I was considering studying in London for a year and Greenwich University seemed like a good match. That weekend there was an open day so I could go in and talk to some students, teachers, etc. I can't believe that was over two years ago.

Now that I'm at it, lets take a proper trip down memory lane ;)


I'm feeling a bit ill after watching that video. Motion sickness... :/ x)

Anyway, once I found a nice spot on the grass in Greenwich park, I got out my new book and started reading.




And I didn't stop reading until 6pm. After that it was time for me to head home and prepare dinner.

Monday was another day spend indoors. Compared to Sunday, it was grey and cold. And that dreary weather stayed right until Friday, when it was a bit warmer. On Wednesday 1st June I left the house wearing my winter boots. MY WINTER BOOTS. Not that I was that bothered by it. I don't mind 'bad' weather, but it is just the idea that it is somewhat wrong. In June you should be wearing ballerina flats, sandals, etc.

Anyway, Tuesday after work two colleagues and I went to the screening of The Boss starring Melissa McCarthy, Kirsten Bell and Peter Dinklage. Good cast, not so good movie. I would not recommend it.

And on Wednesday evening the entire office was invited for a screen of X-Men: Apocalypse at the Fox office in central London. I had only seen the very first X-Men film (2000) so I didn't really have anything to compare Apocalypse with and I really enjoyed it. It was 3D, visually stunning, nice introduction of the characters to me, a billion questions when I left the screening, but I'm definitely going to check out the other X-Men films ^^

Thursday and Friday the office management had a summit, so the executives and junior account managers were left behind to deal with all the work which was insane, but we made it. And Friday afternoon the entire office was invited to the recap of the summit and then some drink. Of course, knowing my colleagues, we all went out afterwards. Not that it was crazy late for me. By 11pm I was home and tucked up in bed, ready to start my relaxing weekend ^^

And that is it for this week's update :)

Thanks for reading, as always, and see you next week :)
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...