23 June 2016

Travel diary Scotland day 7, 2016: Forests freak me out.

 **Disclaimer: I write and upload the same day, often after a long and exhausting day. I often don't have the focus to re read and take out the typos, grammatical and vocabulary errors. Beware!**

Hallooo!!

You might have guessed from yesterday's blog post, yesterday was quite a long and hard day. No wonder that I woke up this morning feeling all sore.

During yesterday's descent I decided that I was going to take it easy today. 3 to 4hour walk, nothing crazy, just some nice scenery and no summit. All said and done and I selected a hiking trail which would keep me busy for about 4hours. It turned out to be a bit over 4 hours, closer to 5.

I did take it super easy today though. I didn't start walking until 11am. I sat down for about half hour whilst I was eating my lunch with my face in the sun to let me feet dry after I stood in the river Feshie for a bit.


Unfortunately the hiking guide that I have isn't up to date. Or the map isn't accurate. Or the route explanations don't add up to reality. (Or I'm being really thick) It really was a case of: if the trail description fails, I need to go on what the maps says and visa versa. But also, if map and description fail, lets go by where the sun's at and common sense. I'm certain that I walked parts of the trail descriped in my guide, but I'm also certain that I winged some parts. Ah well, I made it, didn't I?

Also, forests freak me out.



By 4.15pm I was at the car. Originally I wanted to go to a cake shop which was recommended by the land lady of the guest house I'm staying at and apparently has an impeccable reputation when it comes to tea and cakes. But it was already half past 4 and I was sweaty so I just wanted to get some savoury dinner and head to my room.

Before actually heading back to the guest house I took a moment to walk around Aviemore. I've past through it and I've stopped at Tesco's numerous times, but I never took the time to see what other shops they have. A lot of outdoor type of store (duh), but also a Waterstones! How cute is that? Unlike London, shops closed at 5pm or 5.30pm so I couldn't wander around too long. Maybe next year?x)

Anyway, I'll leave you to it for today. Tomorrow I'm off to Culloden and Inverness. No doubt I'll be sore as hell (again) and cursing my converse as I have two lovely blisters on my toes... Yikes...

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...