17 January 2016

How it should have ended, Bad lip reading and Everything wrong with... Star Wars!

Halloooo !!!

Week 2 has come and gone and was one of those 'meh' weeks. I finished watching all the Star Wars films, which left me with a 'I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-my-life-or-how-I-lived-before-watching-the-Star-Wars-saga' feeling. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this. Whether it is watching a movie saga back to back, binge watching 3 seasons of a tv show or reading a book in a record time. Afterwards you have no idea how to behave or live life for that matter. This has been such a week.

It all started pretty well. Had a very lovely lie in on  Saturday morning. Since the temperatures finally dicided to drop (winter is FINALLY here), it is absolutely freezing cold in the house. The fact that some of my housemates leave the backdoor open doesn't really help x) I simply refuse to add money on the gasmeter until next month as I rather prefer this cold-and-have-to-bundle-up-in-hoodies-and-bedsocks-whilst-drinking-lots-and-lots-of-tea than sweating-and-having-no-way-of-cooling-down. But I'll have company staying over for a weekend in February and I can't really have guests freezing to death now can I? So Saturday was spent in bed, whilst drinking tea and rewatching some of the Star Wars films. I wanted to be fully prepared for the Force Awakens!

So Sunday morning, alarm clock went off at 8.30am, got up, got dressed and left the house at 9.45am. I couldn't really remember the time of the screening, so as it turned out I was about an hour and a half too early... Yay. Shops didn't open until 11am, so I had an our to kill at least. Thank god the Costa opens around 8am, so I bought myself a medium cappuccino and had a good read in Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. Yes, I'm still reading that book. To be fair, I haven't read since last Sunday, so you can say it is currently 'on hold'. Not that it is a bad book, not at all, but 950pages is a lot to get through...



Then, it was finally 11.30am. Show time! Safe to say I was pretty stocked x) I had a good seat and the crowd wasn't big, but more than I'm used to on a Sunday morning. It's Star Wars after all. Unfortunately I had a guy sitting in the row behind me with the loudest bag of crisps I've ever heard -.- And a few rows in front of me there sat a woman who had to check her phone 3 times throughout the movie. The light that flashed up on her screen was like looking directly into to sun. It burned by eyes! Seriously, please, do not be that kind of person. You do not pay £11 to look at your phone. Like J-Law said earlier this week: 'You gotta live in the now.' And stop annoying other people who are there to watch to movie and not your phone.

But, other then those two annoying people, the crowd was good and I genuinely enjoyed the movie. So of course I had to write a Monday post about it ^^ "Chewie, we're home." - Han Solo, Star Wars: episode VII: the Force Awakens

The rest of the week's evenings was spent browsing the internet. Watching behind the scene of the Star Wars movies, deleted scenes, interviews, Cinemasins, How it should have ended,.. I read reviews, opinions, theories, expectations on episodes VIII and IX,... Going from what I have heard and read so far, is that if the Force is real (and mind you, there are people who think it is) a lot of the Star Wars fans would be on the Dark Side. The amount of comments, complaints, etc on the changes George Lucas has made on the original trilogy when they were released on DVD about 15 years ago is enormous. Don't get me started on the reviews on the Force Awakens or the prequel trilogy. Seriously, I have never read or heard so much negativity in a fandom as in the Star Wars fandom. But, I'm a newbie, and I haven't been around as long as some of the fans. Lets see how I get along in a few years time when they start making changes to Harry Potter...

To finish this week's blog post, I'd like to share some of my favourite YouTube videos I've found in the past couple weeks about Star Wars. These are just a fraction of all the ones that I liked. You gotta make those decisions. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do x)

How it should have ended






 Bad lip reading


 Everything wrong with...





Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...