5 December 2014

Blogmas day 4, 2014: the Imitation Game

Hallooooooo!!

Besides watching the 9 hours (not all 9) of special features of the Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug, I went to Croydon today. Yes, again. And yes again to watch a movie :) The Imitation Game featuring Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Mark Strong and many many many more talented actors and actresses. That film has been on my to watch list for quite some time now.



Now, I have to admit that beside Atonement and the Other Boleyn Girl (in which I have no idea which character he plays, whoops) I hadn't seen yet a movie where Benedict plays a big role. Ok Smaug taken aside. But I haven't seen an episode of Sherlock nor anything else he features in. So it was a lovely suprise to watch his very touching performance of Alan Turing. And I can finally say I now understand what the Benedict effect entails.

The story was very moving and I have to say sad as well. The fact that homosexuality was illegal not a 100 years ago here in the UK. That is just unbelievable and raises even more questions. Cumberbatch acting performance just makes you feel extra for the guy. He got a pardon from the queen in 2013. It's a nice gesture, but he isn't much with it now is he? But it is a beautiful and incredible important story that needed to be told.

I highly recommend this movie!

Thanks for reading day 4 of blogmas ^^
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...