17 August 2015

Travel diary Croatie day 8: 38°C vs us 1-0

Halloooo!!!

This will be the very last blog post of my trip to Croatia. I'm currently back in London as I have to work tomorrow, so I'm desperately going to cling to this last blog post about my beautiful trip to Croatia.

Ending our trip in Dubrovnik maybe wasn't the smartest idea. The city is located in the most Southern part of Croatia so temperatures reached crazy hights. For me anyway. 38°C!!!!!! oO But we didn't let the last day go to waste. I've managed to find some more filming locations of Game of Thrones and we had a lovely swim in the afternoon. What else can you do when sweat is streaming even whilst you're not sitting in the sun? Mind you, my hunt for the filming locations got me in active modus, 38°C or not. Hopping around town whilst my sister and Jill sat on a bench, trying to cool off. I was properly geeking out x)






After my running around for movie location and visiting a couple of shops (most of them were closed as 15th August is a National Holiday) we made our way to the nearest 'beach'. Luckily some clouds made an appearance so the sun didn't burn too hard.



Around 4pm we made our way up the many many stairs to our apartment and car. At 6pm we had to hand in our car keys at Dubrovnik airport and we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time go get there :) Have I mentionned the many stairs in Dubrovnik? A lot is an understatement x)

Aaah well, we handed in our car keys, changed out of sweaty cloths into something clean, checked in our luggage, went through customs and spent our last 200KN on dinner. Our flight was delayed with 35min, but to be honest, I didn't really mind. Our flight with Brussels Airlines went very very very smoothly and by 00.30am I was home. So our trip to Croatia came to an end. I'm now sitting on my bed in London, almost ready to go to bed as the alarm will go off at 6am again tomorrow morning. Back to reality!

That's it for this blog post and this travel diary to Croatia. I think I'm going to upload a recap blog post about this trip on Wednesday with some suggestions and tips for anyone who'd like to visit Croatia as well :) That is, if you don't mind x)

Thanks for reading anyway!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...