15 August 2015

Travel diary Croatia day 7: King's Landing vs us 0-1

Halloooo!!

Today was awesoooome! Hot, but awesome. The entire city is basically a decor for the TV show Game of Thrones. It's very likely that around every corner, HBO shot some scene for King's Landing. Let me show a few locations I saw myself and took a picture from. Mind you, I saw a whole lot more, but I just didn't snap a pic. It was not manageable if I wanted to keep moving x)

So, we started our day with a walk on the old city walls. These walls are so thick and solid that no one ever in the course of history managed to attack the city. Yeah, that's saying a lot. On these walls, of course, they shot some very beautiful scenes in GoT as you have a stunning view 360°.




Whilst walking on the city walls, I quickly noticed that in the surrounding houses people like you and me live. So every now and then you could see someone's laundry hanging outside x)
 
 
This fortress is used as harbor in the TV show. I'm going try to get a better shot of it tomorrow. Where you can see the boat in the picture, that used to be the first harbor of Dubrovnik as well.
 
Once we got off the city walls (that tour took us about 2 hours) we walked around town for a bit. We visited the oldest pharmacy and an abbey as well.
 

One thing I might have forgotten to mention is that it was incredibly hot. And incredibly is an understatement. I think I haven't sweat this much since my last lesson of ballet, 5 years ago. No spot was left dry. Sweat was poring out of every inch of my skin. So naturally we went looking for a beach to cool off a bit. From 1pm til 6pm we sat at a beach, going in and out of the water. The beach was situated right next to the city wall, a most beautiful location to swim!
 
I have to admit, after visiting Dubrovnik, I am considering to start watching GoT again. I stopped after season 2, as I just can not handle all the violence in that TV show. But it is a damn good show, so perhaps I just need to get over myself and just man up and watch the damn show. I'll keep you posted on how that'll progress x)
 
Voila, that is it for today. To give a short summary: City walls, GoT, sweating and swimming :)
 
Keep your eyes open for tomorrow's blog post (which will be live mostlikely on Sunday) for the final 'Travel diary Croatia' as I'm flying back home tomorrow. Somewhere next week (probably Wednesday) I think I'll upload a recap of my trip with some useful tips and trix for anyone who'd like to visit Croatia themselves!! ^^
 
Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...