14 August 2015

Travel diary Croatia day 6: Driving in Dubrovnik vs me 0-1

Halloooo!!

Today was proper roadtrip day. We drove from Split to Dubrovnik, which was about a 3hour drive. Not insane hours of driving, but we did travel through Bosnia and Herzegovina x)

Most part of the day consisted of driving and sitting on our ass at a beach. In Podaca we found a little beach to chill in the afternoon. The original plan was to visit the most beautiful beach in Europe in Brela, but it was too crowded and you had to pay 30KN to park your car on the side of the road. Yeah, not happening. So we drove on towards Dubrovnik and along the way we found that little beach in Podaca.




The only downside at the beach was that a little breeze was missing, so we spent most part of the day in the water in order to cool down. I looked like a proper granny by the time I got out of the water x)

From Podaca to Dubrovnik, I had the honour of driving. Everything went very smoothly up until we had to find our hotel in the city. Dad, I think you'd have been very very proud of me! Stopping and starting on a hill, turning in a small street,... I did it all in Dubrovnik with a car I'm not that familiar with. I only need to practice my S parking again... ? ;) Anyway, in the end we had to call the owner of the apartment/hotel to give us some directions and luckily we found it easily after a quick explanation. Pfhiew, if you can drive in Dubrovnik, you can drive anywhere. The hell with Brussels.

Anyway, I was able to snap a quick picture of the most gorgous sunset. Whilst it was raining, I might add.



So yeah, I'm currently in the city that was/is the decor of King's Landing in Game of Thrones. Tomorrow we'll discover more of the old town so I can garantuee that I'll have loads of pictures to upload and plenty of Game of Thrones talk. So far, my first impression of this city: gorgous! But a lot of stairs x) I'll give a more refined update tomorrow ;)

Thank you for reading!!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...