10 October 2015

The struggle is real people. The struggle is real.

Hallooooooooooo!!

Lord almighty! What a week of struggles that has been. Struggling going to bed on time in the evening, struggling getting out of bed in the morning, struggling to be super causious with my food money 'cause it's a damn 5week month, struggling to make life decisions, stuggling getting through life without my family's and friends' hugs, ... On top of that, I had the brilliant idea that I wanted to look for an advent calendar. The struggle is real people. The struggle is real. This picture pretty much sums up my week.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/58335757650025182/

Besides the many minor and major struggles this week, it wasn't all too bad. I've mentioned just now that I've started looking for an advent calendar. Because it is a bit early, the choices aren't too variated yet, so basically it's just a matter of patience and right timing (right after halloween I think I'm going to make a decision and buy one). But it means that CHRISTMAS IS COMING. And winter as well. I'm so freaking STOKED. Temperatures have finally started dropping as well, which makes me instantly happy when I step outside the door at 7am. The mornings and evenings smell wonderfully crisp. I love that smell. *sigh*

Monday morning on my bus ride to Oxford Circus (yes that is a new thing, I'll explain in a bit) I also noticed that the first Christmas lights are hanging up on Oxford Street. It was a good start of the week, I'll give this week that. I'm assuming that the switch on event will be in 4 to 5 weeks and then it's official! Time to get that Christmas jumper out of the wardrobe :)



As for the bus thing. Instead of walking to the office or taking the tube from London Victoria, I take the 73 to Stoke Newington and get off at Oxford Circus. It's about 20min on the bus, but I enjoy the ride. It's more relaxing than taking the underground. The idea of getting underground with so many other people makes me feel a bit anxious lately so I rather opt for either walking or taking the bus. Since I like sitting down with my coffee and have a 20min of reading before I head to the office, the bus is the best option without having to get out of bed even earlier.

This week was basically 1 struggle. Not on work front though. I seem to have gotten out of that motivation slump a few weeks ago. And Wednesday evening wasn't a struggle either. Well, -ish. Last Sunday it was my colleague's birthday and she invited me and a couple of her friends to go for dinner on Wednesday evening. It was a good evening with good food, wine, conversation, laughing and company, but I was so freaking tired. And the fact that I crawled into bed at half past 1 in the morning didn't really help getting out of bed Thursday morning at half past 6. The granny in me is starting the play up again ^^ The thing is, I love an early morning, I just don't love an early night. The struggle is real people. The struggle is real. First world struggle that is though.

This is it for my week 40 update. Sorry mum, dad, sis and every other family member who actually reads this blog, that is not a more spectacular one. Unfortunately I can't go to premiers every week... x) And if you're not a member of the De Vocht clan but you did make it to the end of this blog post, I congratulate you and I'd love to know who you are! :)

As always, thanks for reading!!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...