3 October 2015

Yet again I can't think of a suitable title. Feel free to make a suggestion!

Hallooo!!

I'm on a roll people. That is 3 posts in one week. Not yet a record, but getting there.

So, this week, what I've been up to. During the week not much, but the weekend was pretty packed. On Saturday I saw the Scorch Trials. AND IT WAS SO GOOD! I also saw The Adventures of Tintin: the secret of the Unicorn, directed by Steven Spielberg AND IT WAS SO GOOD! Sunday afternoon I met up with my colleague just to enjoy the beautiful weather whilst it last and to catch up. During the week we hardly get to chance to talk as we're crazy busy, you know, doing our jobs. So we try to catch up during the weekends :)


As Saturday was pretty uneventful, I only have pictures for Sunday, so just lets start there ;)

Sunday was the premiere for the Intern. It's the latest Nancy Meyer movie starring Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro. Nancy Meyer, you know, the genius behind the Holiday? Exactly, it can only be a good movie! Now, the Sunday before I wanted to see the Pan premiere at Odeon Leicester square. Thinking it was going to be at the same time most premieres starts, I arrived at the square around 5.30pm and it turned out that I missed it. The event was in the afternoon -.- So not wanting to take any chances, I had a look on the square at 1pm... The event started in the evening. Ooooh, story of my freaking life! -.- So my colleague agreed to meet me earlier, before the event instead of after. Whilst waiting for her, I sat on my favorite spot on Leicester square and did what I always do: watching people. As it was a Sunday there was a lot going on on the square. That hour wait flew by! There was this guy for example who made this gigantic soap bubbles. No idea why, but he made a whole lot of children happy ^^




Instead of trying to snap the every classic pictures, I wanted to make some close ups of one of my favorite spots in London, without actually leaving my bench... (lazy lazy lazy)




Around 2.30pm I found my colleague between the madness of tourists on Leicester sq and we decided to look for an area with a bit more space to breath. Trafalgar sq it was x) Although it was packed with people as well, it feels a lot less crowded than Leicester square.

When they closed the road in front of the National Gallery early 2000 and made it pedestrian friendly, they built a staircase to connect the now car free terrace on the North side of the square and the square below. Whilst they were making the entire area pedestrian proof, they built a little café undertneath the North terrace. So of course my colleague and I bought ourselves some cider and sat on a bench in the sun on Trafalgar square! ^^ It was so lovely and the weather was so nice and, man I love this city! *sighs*


Around 5pm we were both starving so hup, to China town for some dinner. But before we reached Leong's Legend we saw Simeon Baker playing. Yes, the same guy who competed in the contest in Westfield Stratford early September and who I heard playing for the first time on Leicester sq over a year ago. Here's the blog post where I tell you all about it: How small the world can be.


I actually bought his EP. This guy is seriously talented. Here's the link to his facebook page for anyone who's interested: Simeon Baker. And below a video of a preformance in Edinburgh, Scotland. Roads is by far my favorite song, but I like all the songs on the EP to be honest :)


After dinner my colleague went home and I headed to Leicester square. The premiere was about to begin! I thought the premiere was going to be at Odeon, as most premiere are, but this one was in the Vue premises. Man, I saw people do crazy things just to get a glimps of the red carpet. It was a Sunday as well so there were a lot of people oO People actually stoot on the fences around the square. I'm not aware of anyone falling, but I think if someone did fall it wouldn't have ended well :s Crazy people.

Around 7pm or 8pm the square closes, so everyone had to leave the square. That was the cue to leave. Anne Hathaway was on the red carpet as was Robert De Niro. I've heard their interviews, felt the exciting vibe and heard the screams so that was enough for me :) As I've said before: some people enjoy festivals or music concerts, I enjoy a good premiere :)

I walked from Leicester square to London Victoria and whilst walking past Buckingham Palace I saw this beautiful scene. I think you had to be there to fully appreciate it. It was the night of the blood moon as well. The sky was clear, moon very very bright, in contrast with the golden statue of queen Victoria I and the Big Ben in the distance. Man, I love this city!


Unfortunately this picture doesn't even come close to how beautiful it was.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. My colleague who was on annual leave came back on Thrusday so the workload lightened a bit, but not for long! Starting Monday, I will have a lot to handle and I'm pretty excited about it :)

That's the summary of my past week... Hope you enjoyed it :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...