27 February 2016

A few movie recommendations

Hallooooo!!

Happy week 8 everyone! Unfortunatley it's been a bleak week, blogging wise at least. The weekend was very very calm and the week as well... I do have a few movie recommendations though. Movies I hadn't seen yet until this week.


Saturday morning I went to Croydon to see the movie: How to be single. It is your average feel good film, but without the cliché couple ending up together ending. If the main character did end up in a relationship, that kind of would have defeated the purpose... Anyway, it's a good movie to watch on a girls-movie-night-in ^^

In the afternoon I made my way to Chelsea. There is a Cineworld cinema and I'm thinking of signing up for one of their Unlimited cards. As there are only a few Cineworld cinemas in London (and Chelsea is the 'easiest' to get to in a weekend) I wanted to see if the journey would be worth go see a movie. Unfortunately the weather was crap and one of my coat's sleeves was soaked, so I wasn't really up for it to make a day out of it... After that journey and seeing the cinema's movie selection, I'm a bit in two minds. I'll have to have a few more sleeps over it before I'll make a decision.

Anyway, as I was walking from the cinema to the bus stop, I passed this window display. I have forgotten what the shop was called, but it does look awesome, isn't it? x) They had all this little Star Wars figurines and this massive, almost life size, of Han Solo frozen in 'carbon dioxide'. I had a little peak inside the shop, but it all looked very expensive. Too expensive to even go inside, so I just kept it to window gazing.


Sunday was spent entirely indoors. I didn't leave the house ones. Oooh the glory of spending an entire day in your pj's, drinking tea non stop and just enjoying the fact that you don't have any obligations. *sigh*.

Sundays...

As for the rest of the week, nothing exciting happend. Oh, wait, it did. Thursday evening I joined a trial class in combat training in Hammersmith. It went really well and all the people were just so lovely and inviting. I might go again next week!^^ I'm not going to go into detail just yet, as I'm not 100% certain it is something I'll be doing for a long time. We'll see how the next class goes.

During the week I saw quite a few new movies. I would definitely recommend all of them, regardless of some of the reviews I've read on the interwebs...

Salmon fishing in the Yemen (2011) I'm adding this movie to my list of all time favourite movie in the category: 'not so well known movies' next to Elizabeth Town, Tamara Drew, Stuck in Love, Man Up and Morning Glory.


Jumper (2008) I read a lot of negative comments about this film and I think I went in with low expectation and I was pleasantly surprised :) I definitely wouldn't mind a sequel. So many unanswered questions.


Shattered Glass (2003) Anyone who says Hayden Christensen can't act, obviously hasn't seen this movie. I've seen an interview with Stephen Glass and oh my, Christensen did an excellent job portraying this pathological liar.


V for Vendetta (2005) I know I saw this movie last Friday, but it such a magnificent movie!! Definitely also added on my list of favourite movie. Can't really describe the category x)


And that is it for this week's post. I know it is nothing spectaculary, but it concerns movies, so I'm happy ^^

Has anyone seen any of the movies I've mentioned?

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...