21 February 2016

A visitor from Belgium, Deadpool and Pride+Prejudice+Zombies movietime

Halloooooo!!

Another week has come and gone and my two year anniversary of living in London is coming pretty close now as well. Mind blowing. But, before we get to that, life happens as well. Last weekend I had a visitor from Belgium who had never been in London before, so obviously all the basics had to be touched. We also saw Deadpool and a bit of Chinese New Year in Chinatown and then it was time for him to go. On Wednesday evening I went to Vue cinema at Leicester square to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Oh that movie x)

So Friday evening I met up with my visitor at Oxford Circus, the easiest place to meet up with people in my opinion. We then had a bite at Home Slice, a delicious pizzaria not too far from the office. And that was it for Friday really. I was knackered so I wanted to go to bed as soon as possible.

Saturday I really wanted to go to the Breakfast Club. My visitor wanted to have a full English breakfast and what better place than the BC? Unfortunately we overslept so we were pretty late anyway. Depending on how late we'd arrive at the BC, I was actually willing to stand in line. But luck wasn't on our site as the circle line was suspended due to improvement work. Tower Hill was the furthest we could go. Slight change of plans then :)

After a quick breakfast at the Costa near the Tower of London, we walked over the Tower Bridge and then West on the South bank. Had a little stop on Borough Market andn then walked to the Millenium Bridge. From there we walked to the Big Ben and London Eye, Trafalgar square, Buckingham Palace and eventually South Kensington to go to the Natural History Museum and the Science museum.


This photo wasn't taken on Saturday 13h Feb '16, but on 29th Nov '14.


We did a lot of walking on Saturday so thank heavens there was little walking involved on Sunday. We had breakfast at a Wetherspoons (cheap, wouldn't recommend it though) near Vue Grant's in Croydon as we were going to see Deadpool in the afternoon. Never have I ever experienced a sold out theatre on a Sunday afternoon oO The movie was excellent so obviously I had to write a post about it ;) Oh, I so pity the dude who pressures her into prom sex... - Deadpool

After the movie, we made our way to Chinatown as Chinese New Year was celebrated with the usual gigantic feast at Trafalgar square and Chinatown. We got there around 5pm, so we missed the biggest part of the festivities, but we still got to experience the glorious sea of people... Anyway, from Leicester square we walked to London St Pancras as my visitor was to leave at 7pm. Compared to the day before, walking from Leicester sqaure to St Pancras was peanuts.



The rest of the week was pretty normal. We had a couple very beautiful mornings. Unfortunately taking a picture on a moving vehicle is very difficult, but you can definitely see the Leadenhall Building, 20 Fenchurch Street, the tip of the Gherkin and the Shard in the background. Whenever I sit on the upperdeck of the bus, I see this lovely view (when not too misty) in the morning on my way to work. It's not the Big Ben, but it's pretty neat I think ^^



Wednesday evening after work I went to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It was a bit in the spur of the moment as I originally wanted to go see the movie this weekend in Croydon, but of course, Grant's is not showing the movie -.- The £4 extra to go see a movie in the West End was well spent on the movie I have to say. I LOVED IT. A post will undoubtedly follow this one tomorrow to expaned my opinion a bit ^^ I wouln't mind seeing it a second time, to be honest... x)


And that is it for this week's blog post! P+P+Z was by far the most exciting part of the week. It's been a long time coming, well, ish. 6 months :) So to be able to finally see it. Just like Deadpool really :)

Anyone else who has seen P+P+Z or any other movies?

Anyhoo, thanks for reading :)
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...