4 February 2016

Drama that will be released in 2016 (with a hint of horror and comedy)*

Halloooo!!

Sooo, with the premiere of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies this past Monday and its release date just around the corner, I thought it appropriate to upload another post about movies I'm excited to see in 2016. Drama is the genre for today's post, but not really. There's some comedy involved ;) (I hope)


First up: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
This movie will be released in the UK on Thursday 11th February 2016. Monday 1st February was the premiere at London Vue theatre on Leicester square. Unfortuntaley I didn't see the movie, but I saw Lily James, so I was happy ^^ The movie is explained in the titel. It's our beloved story written by Jane Austen, but just with zombies. I read the book back in November and I actually quite enjoyed it. I even wrote a post about it It's a truth universally acknowledged... - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (book 'review') So now I'm curious as to what they made of the movie. It's been 11 years since Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice came out, so this version is a welcome one :) It's not really drama. Well, the original story is, but now also action packed and even horror is involved :O



Second up: Eddie the Eagle to be let loose on us on 28th March 2016
I was fortunate enough to see this movie at a screening at the beginning of November 2015. I had a job to do of course, but I saw it nonetheless. It is not your usual block buster, but I think the message of Eddie's stories is a beautiful one: if you want something hard enough, keep trying 'til you succeed. The other question is: is there a limit? I'll probably will upload a 'review' when the film is released here in the UK. I haven't signed a NDA, so I could have spoiled it all back in November, but I'm not like that so for me it's a no brainer to wait until the movie is officially released in the world. It is such a heart warming movie to watch ^^




And lastly: Me before you will hit theatres on 3rd June 2016
Based on a book by JoJo Moyes. One of my colleagues highly recommends it, so I'll probably will read it before the movie comes out :) The trailer does look good already though.

 

2016 is going to be a goooood year :)

As per usual, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

* obviously about a billion other movies will be released this year. Films of all genres I'm equally excited about to see in theatres in the next 11 months. However, I possibly couldn't mention them all 'cause then this would be the never ending blog post and you'd be reading this for the rest of your life... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...