17 February 2017

Travel diary February London day 3, 2017: "Thanks to sushi, I'm here in London now."

**I write and upload on the same day. Often I'm too tired to read for spelling mistakes or missing words/letters**

Halloooooo!

Day 3 has come and gone and what a day it was^^ (Read: a good one)

Sunrised are always a lovely view to behold, but in this case, I got a panoramic view with it. My friend lives on the 3 floor and has an amazing view on all the roofs in North London.

I woke up to something like this...

Which then progressed to this...

What a view. And it wasn't even 7.30am yet!

So my friend left for work around 8am, I then had a shower, got ready and left the apartment by 9am. Another breakfast at Cafe Nero and by 10am I was on the Northern Line underground towards Waterloo. I'd walk from there, via Soutbank to Tate Modern.

But not only Tate Modern was on the agenda this morning, I also made sure I had some more pictures of a film location in Love Actually. And by accident, I stumbled upon more! And I discovered a quiet square whilst I was at it. Win win x)

Eventually, around 12p, I arrived at Tate Modern. You see how I took my time?x) Once inside the building, I spent just 1 hour in there. Not a big fan of modern art, I just went in there to be able to say that I actually went to the Tate. Some installation were kind of cool, the other pieces were, I don't know, art I guess. It was kind of cool so see pieces of art of artists like Matiss, Warhol, Dali and Picasso, masters of which I've learned during my 1 year of Graphic Design. Other than that it was meh. One piece of art was actually a Sainsbury's receipt. I mean...


So after that 1 hour, of which I've spent about 15minutes on the museum's wifi, I walked back to Waterloo station via Southbank, to take the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus and go the old office and meet my old colleagues.

It was so nice to see everyone again! Or at least everyone that was at the office 'cause alot of people were off... I've spent a bit over an hour in there, catching up with everyone. I even ended up make a tea for my old team mates^^

By 3.30pm I walked out of the building and headed to the big Tesco to get some food. Meal deal it was. Whilst walking I ate my late lunch on the way to Covent Garden. Made some stops in between such as Soho square and the Minalima house.

I didn't actually made to Covent Garden, but I did buy a cinema ticket for Hidden Figures whilst I was on my way to Forbidden Planet :) I could buy everything in that shop...x')

So yeah, I saw Hidden Figures today and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone who wants to see a feel good film but doesn't want to see a romcom. Reason why I saw the film is because I agreed to meet up a few of the old colleagues after work, but today they also had a screening of Logan, which didn't end until 9.30pm. So I had some time to kill and why not go see a movie myself? So happy I saw the film, absolutely inspiring and mind blowing.

So eventually I met up with a few of the ex colleagues on Leicester Square and we went to a pub around the corner and catched up. Didn't got home until 12am, so it was a good night. Although I am exhausted...

So ths is where I leave you.
Thanks for reading!
xo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...