20 February 2017

Travel diary February London day 6, 2017: Meetup with friends as if I've never left

Hallooooooo!!

My last complete day in London :( Can't believe my trip is nearly over. It's gone by so fast. Time flies when you're having fun, hein?:)

So what did I do on my last complete day? A Jane Austen walking tour... Of course! I walked from my hotel in Pimlico to the first stop on Sloan square. Henry, Jane's brother, used to live here. Around the corner, on Hans place, her brother lived as well after the death of his wife.


And then I walked to Knightsbrigde to continue the tour, but decides eventually not to. Apsley House and surroundings I've seen as Hyde Park and Kensington gardens and palace. So I wandered around Knightsbridge for a while and walked to V&A museum where I walked around for about an hour and a half.

By the time I got out it was nearly 2pm, so high time for some lunch! Paul's it was again :) Honestly, their tuna sandwiches are just the best.

After lunch I walked back towards Knightsbridge and then on to Victoria station. I wanted to have a look at the WHSmith in Victoria if they had any Simply Knitting magazines. And sure enough :) In the morning I did a lot of walking oO So by the time I arrived at Victoria it was high time to take the underground to Oxford Circus rather than walk everything. Not to worry, didn't go on a shopping spree on Oxford Street ;)

But from Oxford Circus it was easy to get to Wimbledon, where I had agreed to meet a few friends who had time on a monday evening x) It was such a lovely night. It was as if I've never moved out of London and as if we've seen each other just the other day. Those are the good people! Those are the ones to hold on to :)


By 10pm it was time for all of us to head back home (or in my case, hotel). And I'm exhausted, so this is where I'll leave  you!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...