16 February 2017

Travel diary February London day 2, 2017: Shopping, shopping, shopping, shopping

**I write and upload on the same day. Often I'm too tired to read for spelling mistakes or missing words/letters**

Hallooooooo!!

Day 2 of my 7 day city trip. As predicted I didn't sleep much. Not only did I fell asleep with my earphones in, listening to the audiobook of Pride and Prejudice, but it was also boiling hot. Half way through the night some people arrived after a night out, so that woke me up too and well, I didn't get the usual amount of good sleep. No disaster though, I'm in London so something really bad will need to happen for me not to be in a good mood.

After I woke up, I didn't get up immediately but had a bit of a lay in. Around 8h45am I eventually made it out of bed to get ready: get dressed, charge my phone and pack. Check out was at 10am, left my luggage at the hostel's storage and went out in search of breakfast. Cafe Nero it was. I was craving those apricot croissants x) Whilst enjoying my breakfast, I made up a plan for the next few days. Yes, I finally have a plan :) On today's planning: walk around Camden market and eat a crepes at 'my' stall and make sure all the shopping that I wanted to do is over and done with so I can focus on the visiting in the next few days. Yes, moooooore shopping. Nooooooo!




So, after cafe Nero I did just that what was on the planning: go to Camden Market. A lot has changed and certain areas are gone and are now a construction sight. Also the stall where I usually got my crepes, was gone :(

No crepe then... Off to Tottenham court road to make a stop at Primark. I wandered around for about 2hours in the store. From there back on the underground to go the the HMV. Come on, how can you think I didn't make a stop at my favourite DVD store in town?x) After HMV, I walked into Boots and the into the Disney store to look. Beauty and the Beast are now in full swing, as are Star Wars, Moana, etc. You don't have to be a kid to enjoy the Disney store ;)




From the Disney store hop on the underground toward Green Park. There I sat on a bench and ate my snack and rested my feet for a bit. After approx 15min break, I made my way to Cath Kidston flagship store where again I've spent enough time x) From Cath Kidston to Waterstones on Piccadilly. That was a quick one, in and out, so I'd assume I'll be able to go and have a proper look around later this week. And from Waterstones Piccadilly hup to Piccadilly Circus to have a look at the works on the big screen. It looks so sad right now...

And from Piccadilly back on the underground towards the hostel to pick up my bag, because believe it or not by this time it is already 5h15pm and I'd agreed to meet my friend, that I'm staying at from tonight until Sunday, around 5h45pm. That eventually became an hour later, but no issues. It wasn't raining and it wasn't too cold.

Around 7pm we made ourway to the Diner at Camden for dinner with my friend and her boyfriend. After dinner we went straight home and watched an episode of Hustle. It is sooooo good! But it stayed with one episode though, we were too tired. Even now I'm typing this with one eye closed...

So thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...