15 February 2017

Travel diary February London day 1, 2017: I'm back! I'm freaking back!

Halloooooo!!

Long time no see, well, read. But here I am again! Since I moved back to Belgium and out of London, I haven't had a lot of interesting things to write about weekly, so I kind of left that bit off my blog. But now that I'm on holiday, I thought I'd do another travel diary :) Not that I'm travelling much, just city tripping for 7 days... Which is a really long time for a city trip x) But yeah, today was my first day back.

Austenland
The Eurostar trip was super chill. I arrived in Brussels Midi on time, check in went really smoothly, had my capuccino and the train was on time. As per usual, I saw a film. This time it was Austenland, again. I've seen that film numerous times now and as I'm currently also reading the book, I'm only watching it more often x)


A bit after 2pm the train rolled into St Pancras station. Kind of couldn't believe it. It is the first time I'm back since I moved and it's been a very long time since I stayed in the city as a tourist. As long as I don't look at it like that and don't think about it too much, I'm fine. The moment I dare to think that I don't live here anymore and that from now on, I'll always be a tourist when I visit, makes me really sad (unless I move back of course, and that definitely is still an option :)). It'll be an exercise for the next few days.


Going to London to shop... Cliché confirmed
First thing I did on UK soil was a stop at Cath Kidston... We don't have anything like it in Belgium and I'm a hug fan. A visit to the flagship store on Piccadilly is definitely also on the agenda for this trip, but today I made a stop at the store in St Pancras. You see, I was in need of a travel wallet. In the past I've always travelled with my everyday purse. As much as I love it, it is a bit too big if you'd like to travel as light as possible. So, time to invest in something where I can leave out all the client cards I don't need on holiday :) And I freaking love it. It is so pretty ^^

So the cliché of going to London to shop is half true... Oops x)

Can't wait to drink my tea out of this mug
After I got something to put my notes, change and cards in, I walked over to King's Cross to pop by the 9 3/4 shop. One of my leaving presents from my colleagues was this really cool mug which changes colour when a hot drink it poored in. When I unpacked it for the first time when I'd already moved back to Belgium, I noticed a crack on the side of the mug. I was gutted. So now, I just wanted so let the people of the store know there was a problem with the mug, no intention to have a refund or replacement as I didn't have a bag or receipt (as it was a present). But they were super friendly and understanding and they helped me so well! Bless them. Can't wait to go home and drink my tea out of it :D
The mug looks something likes this when cold

From King's Cross and after topping up my oyster card with a 7day travelcard (£33= £4.7/ day. 3 rides on the underground and you already have your money's worth out of it for a day), I made my way to the hostel to check in. Between the time I checked in and the time I left the building again, nearly 2hours had passed. I answered some emails, did some researched to where the nearest Argos was and roughly making a plan for today and tomorrow.

Earphones...
Reason why I needed an Argos is because I lost my earphones that I had for nearly 2 years. I came to the conclusion right before I had to leave the house to catch the train to Brussels Midi. I've been looking for them for a few weeks now and today I remembered where I had put them. When I went to look for them, they were no longer there. As they weren't there, nor in any of my handbags, the only explanation is that I've lost them...:( At first I had in mind to buy very cheap temporary ones, but soon realised I was going to buy descent ones anyway, so might as well get it right from the first go. Argos had the same earphones I'd lost and they were only £8, so no moment's hesitation.
What I bought today: mini eggs, Sony earphones and a Cath Kidston travel wallet (and of course I'm listening to the audio book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
After Argos I walked around in Paperchase for a while, marvelling in all the stationery wonderfulness. From Paperchase, I crossed the street to go to Tesco to buy a bottle of water and some treats for the next few days. So on my very first day I've bought quite a few bits already. In my defence, these were things I kind of needed. I'm using them already.

After Tesco, it was time to find dinner. Nando's it was and it was soooo good! I worked a bit whilst eating and after dinner I went to a Costa for a peppermint tea and some blogging. I even took the above 'flat lay'... How hipster of me... Well, it would have been if my internet connection wasn't such a failure x) Costa closed at 8pm so I made my way to the hostel, got in my pj's, brushed my teeth and here we are. Not sure how well I'll be able to sleep, as it is super hot in the room, but it's an all women's room, so I'm sure it will be okay :)

And that it is for today :) No concrete plans yet for the next few days, but I'm not going to be bored, that is certain :)

Thanks for reading things very long post!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...