31 August 2015

Mother Nature: 'No, you silly girl! Here's 30°C for you!'

Halloooo!!!

Do you want to hear something really really really ironic? Remember in my last blog post (It's all about finding that morning routine or just scroll down x)) I was writing about the fact that I am ready for autumn and winter? Well, I posted the blog on Saturday 22nd.... And it was 30°C! Ugh. Karma I guess? I'm happy for it to rain and be cold and then Mother Nature says: 'No, you silly girl! Here's some 30°C for you'. Ah well, I didn't die, so I'll keep wearing those shorts and sandales I guess?

Anyway, that incredibly hot Saturday I went to Green Park to enjoy some reading in the comfortable  temperatures in the shades of the trees in the park. I bought myself some raspberries and some strawberries and a bottle of water of course and I just read for a couple of hours. Still reading Outlander. Unlike the previous books like The Falconer and the Doon series, Outlander is a bit more advanced and 3x as big. I'm a slow reader, I can't read 850pages in 1 week, let alone in a few days.




I also had a little visitor. This little guy saw that I was eating something and he (or she) was very curious so decided to come over and have a look. It's incredible how tame most squirrels are in the London parks. Not so tame you can actually pet them, but tame enough to come as close as within touching distance. I didn't even use a zoom on the picture below!


So that was my Saturday. Sunday consisted of watching YouTube videos and Downton Abbey. It was raining so I was thrilled! ^^ And than on Monday I had to go to work again. Thursday was National Burger day in the UK, so of course, we had to have a burger for lunch. It's been a while since the last time I had lunch with the colleagues, so that was a fun change in the normal pace of the week ^^ And I almost binge watched the fifth season of Downton Abbey. I can't wait for the 6th and final season this autumn!

Anyway, I'm currently in Belgium as it is bank holiday in the UK. Yes, I don't have to work this Monday (today!) so I decided to take the chance and come home for a couple of days. I'm not even sure when I'll be back home, so I'm enjoying every moment I have whilst I'm here ^^

That's it for this week!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...