22 August 2015

It's all about finding that morning routine

Halloooo!!

My first week back in London, England. Temperatures between 20°C and 25°C, cloudy at times and we've even had rain on two evenings. That's how I like my weather. You'll probably all hate me for saying this, but I am ready! Ready for autumn and winter! Bring on the cold, wind and rain! The cozy nights snuggling up in bed with a movie and a cup of tea. Reading whilst the rain is ticking on the window. Feeling your cheeks turn red and cold so you have difficulty using your facial expressions. Dark by 4pm. Hot chocolat from Costa and reading in St James's church. Hats, scarfs, mittens, boots, winter coats, the lot. Yes, I am ready!

Now, as for this week. It's been another normal week at the office. Sitting behind my desk and doing my job. The major difference this week with all the previous weeks was that I hardly was in a bad mood. Since my trip to Scotland I was struggling big time and something just had to change (as you might recall from my rather honest blog post). Well, something is about to change, but it's not settled yet so as long as it's not official, I'm afraid I can't tell you what's going on. But it's something I am actually looking forward to, which is huge :)

Other than the actual possibility of a change in my life, is the fact that I've found the most relaxing morning routine this week. I've had quite a few different ones in the past year or so. Eating breakfast 'at home', eating breakfast on the train, eating breakfast at the office, etc. As you might know, each morning I take the 7.37 train to London Victoria. Around 8 the train would drive into the station and by 8.15 I would be in the office. Work hours start at 9, so I'd have plenty of time to have breakfast and settle myself in for the days work ahead. Now this week, I catched the 7.26 train to London Victoria (yes, even earlier), but instead of going straight to the office and settle in, I have a coffee at the Costa Coffee. It's only a 5min walk to the office from there, so from 8.05 til 8.41 I have a blisful half hour reading my book, eating my breakfast whilst sipping a delicious coffee. When the weather is nice I'd sit outside, but unfortunatly all the smokers sit outside as well. And I'd rather have my breakfast not inhaling other peoples cigarette smoke... So I sit inside :)


Not sure how long I can keep this routine up, as it's probably an expensive one in the long run, but it does give me a rather nice time to properly wake up and have a moment to myself before heading to the office.

I'm currently reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, if anyone is interested. I have the small paperback pocket edition which has 850 pages, which is actually nothing compared to the whopping 1070 pages of Drums of Autumn, the fourth book in the 8books series. But Outlander is such a pages turner! I read on the 25min on the train into London Victoria, I read 30min whilst eating my breakfast, I read during my 1hour lunch break, I read again 25min on the train 'home' and if the weather is nice I read for an hour after work in the park and I read after I've watch my episode of Downton Abbey before I go to sleep. It's like Harry Potter, or Narnia, or the Mortal Instruments or the 'I heart' series. It's so good I just want to keep reading!

Another reason why I might be less grumpy this week is because I've had good nights of sleep this week. I have new earplugs you see ;) At first I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear my alarm clocks, but turns out that is absolutely not a problem ^^ So I sleep well, so I wasn't so tired when at work. Except for one night though. One of my housemates started vacuum cleaning at 1.30am and another housemate started 'slamming' his door at 4am. To give you all the information, his door is out of his hinges and is missing the doorknob and lock. It's basically a piece of wood in a doorway. So everytime he or his son wishes to enter the room or leave the room, they have to get the entire piece of wood out instead of just swinging the door open. I've only seen them twice in the house this week, so I assume they've found some place else to stay until the door is fixed. I have to say I do not want to know what happened to that door. Let's just say I'm hoping it is not a result of my housemate aggressive out bursts.

Anyway, it's been quite an uneventful week this week, but it was a rather nice one :) Looking forward to next week though! Or should I say the week after? ^^

Thanks for reading!!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...