8 February 2016

Long Way Round, Temple Church with mum and dad and HP book night 2.0

Halloooooo!!

Here it is. Weekly blog post number 5. Highlights of this week are: my parents came to visit me, I moved temporarly to Apsley, I discovered the series the Long Way Round and Long Way Down, I went to see the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies premiere and I attended another Harry Potter Book Night. It's been quite a busy week so lets get cracking:

The most exciting thing for me this week must have been the discovery of Ewan McGregor's and Charley Boorman's trip around the world. It works very contagious, let me tell you that. Even I wanted to hop on a bike and I don't even own a drivers license to ride a motor bike! It is on my bucket list though, and it has moved up quite a bit now x)

For those who are not familiar with the 'Long Way' series, here's a quick introduction: in 2004 Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman made a trip around the world on motorbikes, starting in London, going east, finishing the trip in New York. In 2007 the did the same thing, but from the very Northern point in Scotland all the way to Cape Town and they called it the Long Way Down. Now I'm waiting for the Long Way Up, from South America to North America :)



Monday evening I went to Leicester Square to have a quick look at the Pride and Prejudice and Zombies premiere. The movie hits theatres 10th or 11th February here in the UK and I'm very excited to see the movie. Absolutely not a zombie fan, but it's Jane Austen (kind of) and Lily James is Lizzy so that's enough to convince me :)




Thursday evening was another Harry Potter Book Night. You might remember me doing the same thing last year x) Kingsman: the Secret Service, Big Hero 6 and Harry Potter Book Night. All Waterstones around the UK have organised one of these for the 2nd year running and Waterstones Oxford Street Plaza was no different. This year, however, the groups were much smaller and the event was over much quicker. Although I did enjoy myself and was happy that I went, last year was a little bit better...



Besides all these very fun activities, the weekend must have been the best part. My parents came to visit me! I took Friday afternoon off to spent a bit more time with them. We visited the Temple Church, mainly because they've filmed the DaVinci Code there back in 2006 x)

Unfortunately our guide wasn't the best one around, so I kind of lost interest half way through, but looking back on it now, the church is pretty damn cool :)






There is so much history. So old! Dates going back to 12th century! The tiles are just beautiful. And the whole history of the Knights Templars, you know. Fascinating.



I had never walked in the area surrounding the church, but it is absolutely gorgeous and you completely forget you're in London ^^ Well, I did anyway.




On Saturday we visited the Queens Gallery (way to much people for my taste, so that was a shame for the pictures) and in the afternoon we've visisted the Churchill War Rooms. Now that was absolutely fascinating and I highly recommend going if you're in London! It takes you right back to the '40 and WWII. You learn so much about Chruchill's life and how he operated in the War Rooms. Absolutely fascinating. Beware that you can easily spent upto two hours in that exhibition!

Sunday morning was spent in Apsley House (how fitting, since I'm currently 'living' in Aspsley) were the Duke of Wellington used to live. You learn alot about his life, his career in politics and his 'relationship' with Napoleon. Again, when you're in London and that kind of stuff interests you, go :) My parents had to take the Eurostar back to Brussels at 6pm, so around 5pm we've said our goodbyes and we both headed our seperate ways: them to St Pancras, me to Euston.

Unfortunately I didn't have much pictures of the weekend. On Saturday, I wasn't aloud to take any inside the Queens Gallery and in the War Rooms I simply forgot (to much in awe of the whole exhibition). Sunday in Apsley House, I was again not permited to take any photos, so that really limited me. Now, I'm sure this post has enough images already thanks to the other events this week :)

And that is it for this weeks blog post :) Hope you've enjoyed it:)

As per usual, thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

p.s apologies for the many typo mistakes! Too tired to correct just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...