14 December 2016

Blogmas day 14, 2016: Another Jane Austen walking tour

Halloooooo!

As the sky was blue I just had to get out and enjoy London! And what better way to do so than walking a tour? A Jane Austen tour to be precise. If you've been reading this blog for a while, you might remember I've done something similar a few weeks ago. Unlike today, the weather was absolutely horrendous. But then again, grey clouds or blue sky, it doesn't really matter to me :)


So, early afternoon I set off towards city centre. Trafalgar square to be exact. From there I'd walk to Somerset House where the tour would officially start.


On my way to Somerset house I, of course, started to take pictures immediately. The weather was just too nice not to take advantage of it.

At Somerset House I did a bit of people watching. Ice skaters to be exact. This location is used in Love Actually so it was a win-win as I saw something new AND a film location :)


Then I took a little detour to Twinings: selling point of teas since 1706. As Jane Austen did buy tea in this shop, it fits perfectly in the tour ;)


From there I cotinued the tour, passing Covent Garden and St Lincoln's inn square, where I found film locations of Penelope and some beautiful Turdo architerture. Hidden gems in the city!



And to finish the day, and this may seem a bit odd, I walked into Hamley's, a 6 floor kid's store on Regent Street. And with the release of Rogue One: a Star Wars story just around the corner, there was of course plenty of Star Wars to behold ^^



And from there I took the bus home, had dinner and watch YouTube videos for a long long time x)

And that is it for today! Not really Christmassy, but it's Jane Austen, so I don't really mind ^^

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...