16 December 2016

Blogmas day 16, 2016: Fantastic Beasts AND Rogue One in one day!?

Hallooooo!!

Ooooh yes, today 2 'fandoms' collided. If you don't know already, I'm not bound to one type of movie, let alone the 'fans' coming with it. Although Harry Potter does take up a little bit more space due to the fact I literally grew up with the characters, I do love Middle Earth, Narnia, Regency Era in England (with or without zombies), time travel to 1745 Scotland, the Shadow World, Cornwald in Poldark's time, etc as much as the next fan of the movie genre or TV show.


Today, two of those 'collide'. And with collided, I mean, I switched from one mindset to the other rather quickly :)


One of my ex colleagues had given me a free admittion ticket to any 2D movie at Odeon cinema knowing how much I love going to the movies. So, seeing that yesterday Rogue One was released, I decided to go see it in an Odeon cinema in central London.

Mind you, I had first in mind to go see Fantastic Beast again. As I was in central London, I wanted to take the opportunity to go to the Minalima House in Soho. You know, the two artists who design the wizarding world of Harry Potter, and now Fantastic Beasts? It seemed only fitting to go see Fantastic Beast afterwards :) But, then a friend reminded me that I had already seen that one and it would be much better to spend the free ticket on a film I hadn't seen yet. She had a point, but you know, nothing is better than being fully emerged in a world for an entire day. I did the same for Cinderella. First I went to see the pop up exhibition on Leicester Square to then see the movie, again, in the Odeon on Leicester Sq :) The Real Glass Slipper, Downton Abbey and the Travel Book Co in Notting Hill

So first, Minalima House. 3 stories of beautiful art work, wishing I could afford any of it and ending up buying some more post cards to frame :) 26 Greek St, Soho, London W1D 5DE, UK


From there I walked to Odeon Tottenham Court Road to see Rogue One.



It was such a splendid movie! As a Star Wars fan, I got the easter eggs, I loved the story and how complex the characters are, simply fell in love again with Felicity Jones's acting abilities and boy did Diego Luna and the rest of the cast deliver! K2 is an excellent addition to my list of favourite droids and I just can't wait for it to be released on DVD so I can see it again and again and again!

Although it might have been nicer to have a completely themed day, this combination certainly worked as well :) And it is good to know that I can switch so easily. Usually I can only deal with one film franchise, tv series or book (series) at a time :)

And that is it for today! Has anyone seen Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them or Rogue One: a Star Wars story?

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...