13 December 2015

Blogmas day 12: an entire day at the Warner Bros Studio tour (Harry Potter, HELL YEAH!)

** Warning: this post contains images of the Warner Bros Studio Tour. If you're planning to go yourself and you rather not see the miniature castle, Hogwarts Express or Great Hall, it'll probably be best if you just sit this one out then:) **

Hallooooo!!

What a day, what a DAY! It's like Christmas has come early. This morning I woke up as happy and excited as a child who's been told that Santa Claus has left a puppy under the Christmas tree. I was so freaking happy!

I left the house at 7am. Yes, on a Saturday. Everthing was dark and quiet. So peaceful. That is, until I arrived at the main street where I took the bus to the train station. Although not nearly as busy as on a Monday morning, there where a lot of people on the move. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the journey from my house to London Euston was very easy and not stressful at all.

At London Euston I took the train to, yes, Watford Junction^^ That can only mean one thing! WARNER BROS STUDIO TOUR! *takes deep breaths* HELL YEAH! (I've linked the videos of my two previous visits below;))


I had a ticket with admittance between 10am and 10.30am. I was at the studios well at 9am x) I collected my booked ticket at the ticket office as per usual and the lady behind the counter was sooo lovely. She asked whether I was doing the tour by myself, I confirmed and then she gave me a Harry Potter passport! Might be very silly but I was pretty excited about filling out that little book x) (further explanation and pictures will follow tomorrow).

When I came around to entering the building there was actually a pretty long queue. Security was picked up a nodge and backpacks and handbags were thoroughly searched and we were scanned as well to make sure nothing forbidden or dangerous entered the exhibition. Extra precautions. You can't blame them. It is a very popular and touristy place.

Since I only had two pain au chocolate for breakfast, I made it a point of having a 'proper' breakfast in the little cafe there. A cappuccino and a ham and cheese croissant. De-li-cious. Around 10 to 10 I made my way to the very long queue at the entrance. I guess I wasn't too surprised about the amount of people that showed up. It is the Hogwarts in the snow exhibition, it is a Saturday morning very close to Christmas break,... Luckily I knew where I had to stand to have the best views ;) This was my third visit to the studios and my reactions are still the same. Although the surprise effect might have worn off, the raised heartbeat, the permanent grin and elated feeling are still very much the same.

As for the rest of the exibition, parts of it are the same as they were a year and a half ago / year ago.






Other parts have changed quite a bit. More specifically the back lot. The props are mostly the same, but they have been moved around quite a bit since a new addition has joined the exhibition. Instead of drinking your butterbeer outside, there is a whole cantine now where you can have lunch!



Of course, in the back lot, you have to have your Butterbeer. Although I wasn't really convinced the first time I tried it, I was willing to give it another go. Sure enough, it was delicious. Not sure if they changed something in the recipe or if I just knew what to expect and wasn't thrown back by the sweetness of it.

Can I have another one please?


Other parts were brand new. The freaking Hogwarts Express! *takes deep breaths*


Ooh those Scottish Highlands




Since that I went by myself and that I am not really a selfie kind of person, I had to ask the lovely exhibition people if they could take a picture. I mean, how can you not have your picture taken in the freaking Hogwarts Express!?

They have now also dedicated some space to the composers and the design duo Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima. I always thought it very peculiar they never mentioned the composers of the most famous theme songs in the world, but now they have! And the design duo, they are the artists who created all the leaflets, Daily Prophets, Maraurder's Map, etc. I went to see their work yesterday in the Coningsby gallery in London :)




The castle was, as always, amazing. I could quite literally sit there for hours, looking at the big-iature and still find new details.



I entered the tour around 10.20am and I came out 3.30pm... And I had done the tour twice before... They told us the tour would take about 3hours to get through. Safe to say I got my money's worth. Again ^^  I took 358 photos today! Only 132 remained though. So these are just a glimps of all the pictures that I took today. And of the previous two visits for that matter x) I've taken the liberty to make a little recap of the past experiences + included one from today ^^ Also one which actually is taken in the actual King's Cross train station. Who can sort them out? ^^


At 4pm I took the shuttle bus back to Watford Junction and from there a train straight to Norbury. I had a little nap on the train, but luckily I woke up when we were in Clapham Junction :) I stepped into my room exactly 12h after I'd left it.






I did some grocery shopping before I went home. A girl's gotta eat. Whilst eating dinner I watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I started to watch that movie yesterday, but wasn't able to finish it. So that is what I did. And now I'm still writing this blog post whilst listening to the HP score. That'll be 3hours to write this blog post... Hats off to the daily bloggers/vloggers out there! I actually wanted to watch the Goblet of Fire also as I am currently listening to the audiobook as well, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm exhausted! I haven't even reread this post for spelling mistakes or typos. That'll have to wait until tomorrow.

So, an amazing day 12 has come to an end. Sadly. Now I have to find out if Peter Jackson and Weta Workshop have a similar thing going on for the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit trilogy x)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

P.S I'll leave these two youtube videos here for you x)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...