6 December 2015

Blogmas day 6: Aston Martin DB10, The lady in the Van, Covent Garden, Strand and Trafalgar square

Halloooo!!

First of all: SINTERKLAAS IS GEWEEST! Well, I ate chocolate anyway ^^

It's quite late already and the alarm will go off tomorrow at 6am, 'cause yes, tomorrow is Monday. Hurray! So apologies for any typos. I will not be rereading today's blog post for spelling mistakes.

Then, I'd like to go back to Monday 30th November. I went to the Bond in Motion museum as they are one of our clients and I got to see the actual Aston Martin DB10 they used in the lastes Bond picture! My Monday was made, hands down!


Then, for today. Yet again, the day started off very relaxed. I catched up on some vlogmasses, ate breakfast, tidied a tiny bit for my room and got ready to go out. My plan was to go see the 3pm screening of the Lady in the van, but due to the London busses own time calculations (they say the bus will arrive in 2min, when it fact it is 10min) I missed my train and had to wait a 25min for the next one. Of course, that meant that I would be too late to see the 3pm screening. Luckily the last screening was at 5.45pm, so I had about 3hours to kill...

First things first: food. A few weeks back I discovered Itsu. It's a Pret-a-manger style of 'restaurant' but for japanese food. So miso soups and sushi ready packed and on the go x) After that late lunch, I headed to Odeon Panton street to buy my ticket. I didn't want to wait in line at 5.30pm x) Unfortunately West End is packed with tourists and Christmas shoppers, so it is a nightmare to walk the streets this month! Luckily, I do have a fair knowledge of London by now, so I know the off-the-main-street routs to avoid the crowds.

I was on my way to Covent Garden when I decided to make a small detour via Trafalgar square. I'd never seen the Christmas tree which has been given by Norway to thank the UK for it's help during WWII. Apparently it's an annual thing. The gesture is lovely, but I have to admit that I was kind of
disappointed by the actual tree. I mean, it's tall, okay, but not really pretty...



From Trafalgar square it's a short walk up Strand to Covent Garden.


And at Covent Garden I had to take all the mainstream classic photos of course! The mistletoe above the market, the giant Rudolph the rednosed reindeer, the steam train made out of Lego, the GIGANTIC Christmas tree on the square... You name it, I have a picture.





From Covent Garden I walked back in the direciton of Leicester square, got myself a nice hot chocolate and sat for a while in front of the Odeon cinema, watching people. My favorite thing to do x) And then it was time to see that lovely movie I've been wanting to see for a while!

Dame Maggie Smith is devine. But then again, is she never? I expected the movie to be a bit funnier to be honest. But all in all I'm glad I saw the movie. I really like to read the book anyways. Apparently it is based in a true story. Well, not sure how true though. It was very British and small scaled. Quite refreshing after all the blockbusters. I'm just going to leave a trailer and two clips here for you to enjoy :)







Thanks for reading day 6 :)
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...