4 December 2015

Blogmas day 4: being nominated for a Liebster Award!

Halloooo!!

And welcome to blogmas day 4.

To my surprise this morning I woke to a notification that someone had left a comment on my previous post. Since this only happens once in a blue moon, it is always a moment of excitement, closely followed by a moment of anxiety and stress (what if it is a mean comment?) and then ultimately pure curiousity makes me push that button to read the comment.

Follow blogger Breakfast at Kiki was the person who made the start of my Friday wonderful. She informed that she has nominated me and 9 other bloggers for the Liebster award. Thank you so much for this Kiki!


To be honest, I had never hear of this award. Why should I? I'v only been writing a blog since March 2014, not nearly long enough to be well informed of all the abouts in the blogging world. So I did some research and what I learned made my heart all warm and fuzzy.

The Liebster award is a sort of letter chain. Unlike the old letter chains, nobody is going to die if you decide to ignore the 'challenge'. You will not have 8 years of bad luck when you don't nominate other bloggers. However, if you get nominated and you accept it, you have to answer some of the questions the person who has nominated you has asked. By answering these qustions it allows readers who don't know you (yet) to get a litte insight to who you are ^^ In return you nominate 5-10 other bloggers with a maximum of 200 followers and ask them a few questions. If they accept the nomination, they will answer the questions and nominate 5-10 other bloggers. It is all about supporting bloggers who haven't the recognition you think they deserve. It is all about supporting each other. Like the images says: let's discover new blogs :)

The questions Kiki from Breakfast at Kiki's asked:

1. If you could have a conversation with anyone past or present, who would it be?
Either J.K. Rowling since she is the reason why my childhood was beyond awesome. Or Jane Austen as she was a women ahead of her time.

2. Who is your fashion icon?
Since I'm not really into fashion, I don't really have an icon... Might be the reason why my style is so basic x)

3. What decade do you think you belong in?
Hmm. I'd like to believe I'd belonged in a different time than 10's, but I'm afraid I'm too independent to be able to belong in a different decade. I mean, the right for women to vote isn't even 100years old!

4. What is your favorite book?
It's like asking a parent who their favorite child is. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare are a few.

I've just noticed that all these books are written by female authors. Interesting.

5. If you had an extra $1000, what would you spend it on?
Traveling!

6. What is your dream job?
Unfortunately I haven't discovered that yet.

7. What was your worst splurge?
Since I can't remember my worst splurge, I conclude that I haven't made one. Yet. Knock on wood!

8. What is your holy grail beauty product
Sleep

9.  What is your favourite thing about blogging?
It's a little spot for me to return to. It's my escape from reality, whilst it is actually my reality ^^ I have 100% creative freedom as to what I put out there and what I don't put out there. Everything is possible and nothing is manditory. It gives me an opportunity to write down my thoughts and opinions on books and movies as a help to 'recover' from possible hang overs. And my weekly blogs just provide me with such a lovely diary of what I've been up to this past year and 9 months.

10. If you could wear one ensemble every day, what would it be?
Jeans, t shirt and baggy jumper.

I hereby like to nominate:
Pink Pastel Heart
Outlandish Obersvations
Ginger next door
Guy Writes
Urban Grannies

And these are my lovely questions for you x)
1. Watch only your favorite movies for the rest or your life or watch each movie only once?
2. What would your super power be?
3. How did you end up blogging?
4. Are you a traveller or more a stay at home kind of person?
5. If you could travel through time, what time periode would you choose and why?
6. Current favorite music artist?
7. Summer or winter?
8. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
9. Harry Potter, the Hunger Games or neither?
10. What comes to mind when you think of the universe?

As with every letter chain/nomination, there are some ground rules.

- In a new blog post, link and thank the person who nominated you
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post
- Nominated 5-10 other bloggers who have 200 or fewer followers who you think deserve the recognition (You can use Bloglovin' follower counts)
- Comment on those bloggers' websites to inform them that they have been nominated
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you by the person who nominated you
- Create 10 new auestions for your nominees to answer.

Good luck! :)


It was such a lovely surprise to wake up to and I really enjoyed answering and creating these questions. It makes you think about things you'd normally never think about x)

Blogmas day 4 is a wrap!

Thanks for reading! 
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...