15 December 2015

Blogmas day 14: my own Love Actually tour

Haalllooooo!!

I'm going to keep it short and to the point today. I'm exhausted and I have a headache and I just really really want to go to bed. However, I did have an exceptionally fun day walking around West End, hunting down movie locactions where they shot Love Actually ^^ It is, after all, the Christmas movie to watch. You might remember I did a similar thing for Harry Potter in August 2014? Well, here is a Love Actually version. Mind you, this is just part 1, as I haven't found all locations yet.

When you're looking for movie locations, it often brings you to parts of the city you'd normally never go. Whilst walking from point A to B you also see so many new squares, streets and mews. It trully is amazing. I might consider making a Bridget Jones version or a Notting Hill version. Any other films set in London?

A very suiteable soundtrack for this tour is of course the Love Actually soundtrack ^^ I soundtracked my life again. Well, this tour anyway x)

I started the tour at Notting Hill Gate underground station. From there it is a short walk to St Luke's mew, where Juliet and Peter live. Halfway through the movie, Pete's best friend Mark, gives a declaration of love for Juliet on their doorstep.


From St Luke's Mew I walked to Whiteley's shopping centre. Silly me, I didn't go inside.  There is supposed to be a gigantic Christmas tree which they used at the beginning of '5 weeks to Christmas' in the movie.




My next stop was a bit further a way, and although still within walking distance, I took the underground from Queensway to Bond Street. From there I walked to Grosvenor Chapel. In this chapel Peter and Juliet tie the knot and Mark arranges the adorable surprise of a live performance of the cover of the song "All you need is love" by the Beatles.


Outside
From Bond street I took the underground again to Waterloo this time and from there I walked to the OXO tower on South Bank. There I found the location where Mark walks after Juliet found out that he is actually in love with her.


And then last but not least: Gabriel's Wharf. About 2 min walk from OXO tower and on a bench near the Thames, Daniel and his step son have a little heart to heart. Too bad the benches were gone...



Around 4pm I walked back to Waterloo station, but not before I snapped these beauties. I always fail to capture an amazing view in an image though. I guess you had to be there.



From Waterloo station I then took a bus to London Victoria and from London Victoria the usual route to the house.

Once I was in my room, I watched Love Actually. Duh. And now I'm typing this blog post. So yeah, that it for today. I really enjoyed it and I hope it might give you some inspiration to do the same thing :) Explore!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...