2 December 2014

Blogmas day 2, 2014: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1

Halloooooo!!

Today will be a very very short blog post :)

The main event for me today was no doubt watching the Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1. Quite a few of my friends had already seen the movie and they were kind of surprised that I hadn't seen it yet. Well, today I finally catched up :)

I have heard a lot of different opinions about the movies. Some loved it, others thought is was boring, anti climactic. A lot of talking, planning, crying, not a lot of action. But it didn't lessen my excitement :)

I've read the books, but that is already two years ago. And I am surprised about how much I've forgotten already! In fact, watching that movie felt like I've never even read the book. Amazing! Because the fact is that I l o v e d the books, so now I couldn't let the books spoil my view on the movies :) But I am going to read them again once I finished my book series I am currently reading :)

Maybe you'd like to know what I think of the movie? Well, I can honestly say I loved it. Ok, there might not be as much action as in the previous two. And the ritme of the movie might be a bit slow (that is what you get if you split a 400page book into two 2hour movies), but man, I loved it. At times I had difficulties keeping my eyes dry. My jaw dropped. I laughed out loud. The acting abilities of every single actor/actress in that movie is just sublime.

Besides my overwhelming excitement, I was also a bit scared. Scared about the fact they split the last one into two parts. I mean, it's not like you have a Silmarillion and a few appendices where you kind find more source material for extra screen time. I am of the opinion that splitting Mockingjay into two part wasn't a necessity. It could have worked in one movie. But I can't help but admire how they made part 1 work as part 1. If part 1 had failed to deliver, than part 2 might have struggeld. But seeing the success, no doubt all the fans will pay the way too much money to go to the cinema to see the second part. And yes, that includes me.
 
The best part of going to the cinemas on an afternoon on a week day, is that the chances are very slim on a crowded cinema. Yesterday I had only 3 people join me to watch Love, Rosie. Today I shared the theather with only two. I love it :)

So, that was the main activity of the day :) After the movie I did some shopping in an attempt to make my room a bit more christmassy... I ended up buying more fairy lights and I have to say, I love the end result. Although it is still not really christmassy... Oh well, I'll be moving house in 3weeks, best to keep it as simple as possible :)

For old time sake, here is the trailer for the Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1 :)



I hope you had a lovely day!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...