6 December 2014

Blogmas day 5, 2014: Abbey Road Studios and Harrods

Halloooo!

So today I went to St John's Wood to go to Abbey Road Studios. I hope you are all familiar with Abbey Road. No doubt that you are :)



But if you are not familiar with the Abbey Road Studios, allow me to enlighten you.

In this building a lot of brilliant composers and musicians have recorded soundtracks and songs. To name a few movies: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit: an Unexpected Journey, The Chronicles of Narnia, Nanny McPhee, Lara Croft Tomb Raider, Harry Potter, From Hell, 300, the Waterhorse, the King's Speech, Marvel movies, Chocolat, Notting Hill, etc etc etc. And a couple of artists: Adele, the Beatles, Blur, Dido, Enya and many many many more talented musicians have recorded an album in this building.


Even more famous than the studios is probably the zebra crossing in front of the building. It was the scene of the 11th album cover of the Beatles where they cross the street on the zebra crossing. Like the good lads that they are.

I'd heard that Abbey Road was quite popular amongst tourists and Beatle fans, but I didn't expect the amount of people that I saw today :) Not that is was Black Friday busy, but there was a constant stream of people arriving and leaving. When I went back to the tube station, I actually past a group of 20!


After Abbey Road, I went back south to go to Harrods. I was curious to see what they did for Christmas. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I was expecting, so you can imagine the disappointment. But I have to admit that I did only a part of Harrods. That building is way to big and way to expensive for me to feel really comfortable. The children's section was a blast though :)

After Harrods I tried Hamley's, but on a Friday afternoon it was pretty crowded. And again, not as festive as I had in mind... Bummer.

Anyway, a hot chocolat from Costa always sets the Christmas tone :)

That was it for today :) Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...