20 December 2014

Blogmas day 19, 2014: Too many books, too little time

Halloooo!!

Today is the day that I've been in London for exactly 20 weeks. And during my stay I have read quite a few books :) 16 to be exact. Well, I am counting the book I was reading when I arrived and the book I am currently still reading as one. And ok, the Chronicles of Narnia books are only 200 to 250 pages, so it was kind of easy to go through them pretty quickly. But a book is a book right?

If you spend an hour on a train every day, you read through a book fairly quickly. And if the book is so good that it convinces you to read before you go to sleep, you read a book with 430 pages in a week :)

Here is my list:
- Devils wears Prada, Lauren Weisberger (I was half through that book when I arrived in London)
- The Maze Runner, James Dashner
- Before I go to sleep, S.J. Watson
- The Scorch Trials, James Dashner
- The Death Cure, James Dashner
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Magician's Nephew, C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Horse and his boy, C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Silver Chair, C.S. Lewis
- The Chronicles of Narnia: the Last Battle, C.S. Lewis
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, Cassandra Clare
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Glass, Cassandra Clare
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels, Cassandra Clare
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Lost Souls, Cassandra Clare (currently reading)

- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (audio book)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (audio book)

Books, e-reader and iPod, all I need to read/hear books :)


You can tell I am pretty much into the teen franchises. And I doubt I'd be getting over that soon. Although I am in my early twenties. Hey, in my head I still feel like a 17 year old.

I doubt I'd ever reach the 16 books if I hadn't had the Chronicles of Narnia and the Mortal Instrument series. But no doubt I would have read more than I normally did when I was a college student. And my friend Molly has the same taste in books, so she's always a good source :)

The great part about my book list is the fact that I liked them all! There wasn't one book where I thought: "Meh" and stopped reading. Not to mention that I've encountered a lot of new words. Especially in the Mortal Instrument series. I started actively writing them down, but there were so many I had to stop. I just couldn't read through a chapter without picking up my pen and notebook. And it's not like I've memorized them all, I just recognize them which makes reading the story a lot easier. + When I looked up the word "Conundrum" I thought: "Who would ever use that word?" Well a few days later in the office, my boss said: "Well this is a conundrum." I had a though time not yelling: "I know that word!!!"

There are still a few books on my to read list, so this image is quite accurate :)

For those of you who say: "I ain't no time for that!" Well, if you are a college/high school student, I hear you. You have to attend classes all day and when you get home, you have to do your homework. Yes, homework doesn't end when you graduate high school... But otherwise, if you are not required working from home or finish a project after hours, it is just a matter of choosing reading above watching television/movies or spending time on the internet :) Not always easy though, I am guilty of that as well :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...