13 December 2014

Blogmas day 13, 2014: Taking clumsiness to the next level in Brighton

Halloooo!!

I finally made it to Brighton again! I've been meaning to go for months and I've been postponing this trip every single time. Even this morning when the alarm went off I thought: meh, I can go another day. By the time I got up, I regretted it and left the house asap :)


By 1p.m I arrived in the beautiful city of Brighton. And the weather was on my side too.

I walked on the beach and the pier. I ate fish and chips and I took the time to sit on the beach, enjoy the sun and to read.


View on the pier


I finally saw the Royal Pavilion as well. I have to say, not knowing a thing about the Royal Pavilion, it was pretty random to see such a building in Brighton. In the UK even. But is was beautiful :)


Royal Pavilion
As it was freezing I wanted to find a cozy little cafe to buy myself a hot chocolate. But in all the cute cafes, all the tables were occupied, so the good old Costa it was. And there I took clumsiness to the next level.

I spilled a bit of hot chocolat on my tray whilst I was walking to my table. Nothing too major. A very friendly employee offered me a new tray and replaced the other one. After I took off my coat and sat down, I dumped against the table and well. It is safe to say that 1/3 of my hot chocolate was spilled on the table, my phone, iPod, camera, hat, chair and wall. Me being me I couldn't help but to curse in Dutch so basically they understood what had happened before they saw the mess on the table. A guy handed me some napkins and the same employee who helped me 5minutes before saw what I did and came to my rescue (again). She even got me a new hot chocolate! I kept apologizing again and again and again. But she reassured me: "I've seen worse". But I think it is so incredibly sweet they got me a new hot chocolat even though it was because of my own clumsiness I spilled most of it.

Anyway, after I was warmed up, I braces myself again for the cold to walk through the lanes on my way to the train station. What was super crowded an hour before was now pretty calm.




When I got to the station I didn't had to wait for a train to London Victoria :) What a stress free lovely day that was! Well, except for the whole Costa hot chocolate fiasco.

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...