14 December 2014

Christmas time in London with Tine and Sam

Halloooooo !!!

Two weeks ago my sister and Sam came to visit me in London ^^ I had to work on Friday, they went to the Harry Potter studio tour and we met after work. On Saterday we did a tour through London from Hyde Park to the Natural History Museum to Piccadilly and Leicester Square.

 
Friday after work
Friday evening I met Sam and Tine in front of King's Cross where I met them last time as well. As it was Black Friday, the tube station in King's Cross was super busy, so we decided to walk to Covent Garden. We wanted to see the Christmas lights. Well, I did anyway x) After an hour walk (and without getting lost!) we arrived to witness the beauty of Christmas lights.




























Dinner at Pizza Express was also a huge succes :)

Winter wonderland and Natural History Museum
On Saturday I had a tour planned through London so we could see as much as possible before 6p.m. when my sister and Sam to be at St Pancras to catch the Eurostar back home.

Starting the day bright and early, I wanted them to experience the lovely food at the Breakfast Club. Unlucky us, there was a line outside the Breakfast Club in Soho and it was only 9:30am! Costa is was.

After breakfast we headed to Marble Arch and Hyde Park to see Winter Wonderland. Unfortunately it was more like a theme park instead of a Christmas market. But we saw it anyway :)

From Hyde Park it was only straight ahead to reach the Natural History Museum. But before we left the park, we had an encounter with the most adorable squirell in history of men I'd like to believe x)


Literally too cute ^^

After that half hour stop, we finally made it to the Natural History Museum where we visisted the top floor. Earthquakes, Vulcanoes, minerals, etc. Super interesting :) I also wondered whether movies were shot in this beautiful building. Little did I know I was going to see the movie Paddington 4 days later and my question would be answered x)


From the Natural History Museum we took the metro to Piccadilly for some late lunch and to do some Christmas shopping at Waterstones and Cath Kidston :)

After Cath Kidston we went up Regent Street with the intention to go to Hamley's, but the crowd infront and inside the store was insanely busy, so we walked straight to Hummingbird bakery for some goodness :)

With little inspiration to go, I let Sam and Tine to Leicester Sq where we could sit on some benches to eat our delicious cupcakes. I was surprised when I saw a mini Christmas market was situated on Leicester Square. And I was wondering how they were going to manage the Hobbit premiere that was the following Monday. (You can find the answer in my very first Blogmas post: The Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Premiere :))

By 6p.m it was time to head back to St Pancras station as my sister and Sam had to catch the Eurostar back home. In good tradition, my sister and I have to have a picture together but of course we forget about it until the last minute she has to leave. Sam lovely volunteered to take the picture (last time Molly took them) and took 4 pictures, just to be sure. Well, they are all 4 out of focus x)


So that was a very succesfull weekend with Tine and Sam :)

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...